No call kill: New Pinhoti vid.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Sometimes it's the best call to make.Old gobblers know a real hen from.a.man.find his route and hangout.Killed several like this.SC. wma gobblers are notorious for not coming to a call.

gobbler

Eight Pointer
Ya know Dave ain’t stupid, he knows how to killem, But ya know you could tell that niether one of them were quite as excited as they are during a “good” hunt

I been the same way, I mean I’m always thankful to have gotten one, but there is nothing like hearing that bird gobble at ya, getting closer hearing him drumming the anticipation of seeing him any second, versus he just walks up and boom

gobbler

Eight Pointer
My favorite episode is where him and her each kill a bird on two separate setups in the same hunt, you could feel the excitement through the tv, I understand that I can relate to it, that’s why I watch Dave, what he does makes sense to me

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
Well you wont find Mr. Owens calling "too much" on this one. I didnt hear him make a peep. :)
First time for everything I guess,lol i think most turkey hunters can relate to him though he don’t overcall unless it’s a lost cause usually and I’ve got frustrated and done that a time or ten

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Getting in one's kitchen that you roosted the night before and knowing where he flew up from is earning the right to kill him without calling.

Last spring I killed two without calling. Both were afternoon hunts that required a stealthy approach to get in position to start calling. Never quite made it to where I wanted to be on either one, and as I got close, both the gobblers heard me coming before I knew they were there. But I saw them both before they saw me and I was ready. I figured I earned them both...

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
he sure cant set up on one in the right place.
His latest a washington state bird shows that skill.

That's a well earned bird. I went out to visit one brother last year we went to Olympic National Park. Some of those inclines make WNC look like mole hills.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
he sure can set up on one in the right place.
His latest a washington state bird shows that skill.

One very, very good tip in that video.
Notice how he dropped a pin and went to birds that he heard earlier, from far away.

Gets over there above them and doesn't hear a peep. He finally works down to their level, re-working his direction to the dropped pin. When he gets to their same level on the mountain and closes in on the yardage, the birds light up and start rolling !!
Turns out to be multiple birds and they close fast.

I believe that 90% of most hunters would have walked away, thinking the birds had moved on. Sometimes you do have to really get in their wheelhouse to get a response.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i think that was my biggest mistake for a very long time. (I'll think of another one shortly)
Sitting there where a turkey wouldn't come or exchanging pleasantries from too far of a distance.
You know when that is the case when you never bump one but have many of them walk off.
That's what i was doing,
well said @Ol Copper.