Nissan truck bumper

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep, poor powder coating sux because it is a biatch to get off. Luckily I have an in on it. My BIL does it and this particular stuff is some he uses on military contracts. It is tough as woodpeckers lips.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well as a side note there was no work going to be done today (supposedly). I organized all my tools and just farted around. I did late in the evening decide to give it the once over one more time and make sure I wasn't pinching any wires or rubbing something it shouldn't.

I was just about to give it the thumps up and happened to look right at the center of the cable spool and the hair stood up on the back of my neck. The damn drum was jammed tight against the air bag sensor. I don't mean touching I mean jammed.

It took about 3 hours without removing the winch to get to the dang thing get it off and relocated. It would have been so much easier to have removed the winch but I wasn't in the mood to do that.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I havent clicked on this thread cause i didnt realize it was in the diy section.

Man thats a heck of a job there. Guessing aluminum... id like to do this king of thing one day. Just gotta find time.