Niagara falls

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
No but if you want walleye Lake Erie would be the place.

The Niagara River itself has some big smallmouth bass, muskellunge and northern pike.

NY does has a 1 day non resident license.

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
FWIW, not summer. Did a successful Fall Salmon trip there back in 2003. It was a hoot. Lotta boats on the water. I didn’t book the trip, my buddy did so I can’t remember who the charter was with ( I do remember he worked for Penns Woods calls when he wasn’t fishing)

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
When are you going and do you have any particular species or type of fishing in mind? I was a member of the NYS Fish and Wildlife Management Board for a lot of years and know a gent over by Dunkirk, NY who has been a mate on a charter boat for years. Also know some other folks in the region.

If you cruise on over to the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation website you'll find a lot of info on fishing broken down by county, type of fishing etc. Niagara Falls is in Niagara County, the county just east is Orleans County. Just south of Niagara County is Erie County where Buffalo is (there's good fishing right on the waterfront downtown) and west of Buffalo is Chautauqua County which runs to the PA border.

Trying to decide what and where to fish in NY can be overwhelming. From Niagara Falls you are withing 3-4 hours of a wide variety of really great (and sometimes world class) fishing.

Lance