NFL too

CarolinaReaper

Well hell, didn't you hear Al Sharpton the other day at one of the funerals for GF? It ain't enough they bent the knee and took a knee to the cause, they demand they rehire him as a way of apologizing further for it's racism. Cuss the NFL as we well know is mostly white. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I doubt it. It's been nearly 4 years since he's played a down. IF someone had wanted him, they would have signed him, a year or two ago I think.

It makes for good conversation in sports media at a time when there's literally nothing to talk about except when they can expect a return to competition, and broader happenings related to race relations in the US.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I doubt it. It's been nearly 4 years since he's played a down. IF someone had wanted him, they would have signed him, a year or two ago I think.

It makes for good conversation in sports media at a time when there's literally nothing to talk about except when they can expect a return to competition, and broader happenings related to race relations in the US.

You're so funny. Hilarious I think the word is. You actually think this crap is legitimate and that teams won't fall all over themselves to hire the poster boy for BLM. I used to think that way when I was in my 20s too....

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
You're so funny. Hilarious I think the word is. You actually think this crap is legitimate and that teams won't fall all over themselves to hire the poster boy for BLM. I used to think that way when I was in my 20s too....
I can’t think of anything teams have “fallen all over themselves” to do in the name of political correctness aside from cut players for things they previously may have suspended them for (domestic violence, etc...)

The team owners like one thing, Money.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I think this whole NASCAR and Sports forum should be eliminated. It has no place on a family oriented outdoor website. Why should anyone follow these drug abusers, wife beaters, perverts, subversive liberals, and racists is beyond me?

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
it's real simple.
How many kap jerseys will be sold by his new team? Follow the money.
I'm being a bit pedantic here, the money for licensed merchandise is split by the teams. So if I buy an Aaron Rogers jersey, the Chicago Bears and Carolina panthers make as much as the Green Bay Packers.

The economics of the league are such that the teams individually earn money from ticket sales, concessions, corporate sponsors. They make more money from National Revenue from the league; that's TV revenue, merchandise sales, etc, all split evenly between the teams. The Packers in 2018 made $255 Million from their share of the revenue earned by the league, and $196 million from their own operations tickets and concession sales and retail at Lambeau field.

An individual team signing Kaepernick shoulders all the risk (paying his salary, the talent question, etc...) and earns only 1/32nd of the reward.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I'm being a bit pedantic here, the money for licensed merchandise is split by the teams. So if I buy an Aaron Rogers jersey, the Chicago Bears and Carolina panthers make as much as the Green Bay Packers.

The economics of the league are such that the teams individually earn money from ticket sales, concessions, corporate sponsors. They make more money from National Revenue from the league; that's TV revenue, merchandise sales, etc, all split evenly between the teams. The Packers in 2018 made $255 Million from their share of the revenue earned by the league, and $196 million from their own operations tickets and concession sales and retail at Lambeau field.

An individual team signing Kaepernick shoulders all the risk (paying his salary, the talent question, etc...) and earns only 1/32nd of the reward.

Just curious? That $196 million net profit, or gross sales? No agenda here, just wondering if they really make that kind of money....

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Just curious? That $196 million net profit, or gross sales? No agenda here, just wondering if they really make that kind of money....
Gross sales. The article talks about the Packers since they're the only team that isn't privately held. Total Revenues of $455 Million, Operating Expenses of $420 Million.

I figure the Packers are pretty close to the league average? Hard to say. The Cowboys are the most profitable at $865 Million total revenue and $365 Million operating income. They have been the most profitable for a long, long time from what I understand. But their expenses are similar to the Packer's. And all of the teams have the same salary cap so those expenses, on the whole, are similar.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I was thinking that the bengals (2 wins last season) might pick him up to earn MAJOR "woke" points.
But, then, I hope the nfl augers in.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
They never mention that he walked away from a contract with the 49ers and when asked about the XFL( or either the AAFL, can't remember) he stated that they didn't pay enough.

If offered a contract he will want top tier money and he's not a top QB, but he can always say they offered low money because their racists...[emoji14]

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
The only way he gets a chance is if a team suffers two injuries at quarterback forcing them to look into people not on a roster.

Wv67

Ten Pointer
He’s a joke half white and raised by whites but cries like a girl over racism to get attention , it’s worked and made him very rich he played a card he did t even have and made millions , ask him how much money he gives to his BLM. Folks or to the cause he kneels for probably nothing why is t he in the hood preaching to young folks or building community centers in the hoods for the young brothers to come learn its bad to shoot another brother etc etc .. why does all this matter at all if you don’t go 100 toward a cause to save young brothers ? It’s just about money not lives

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
So what will redskins new name because you can guarantee its coming nike pulling redskin merchandise and of course FedEx pushing away.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
o what will redskins new name

Washington Native Americans
Washington First Nation Peoples
Washington People Who Really "Discovered" North America

wait wait!! What am I thinking?!?!?!? Can't use "Washington",,,,,I mean slaves and all,,,,,,,

Let's go with District of Columbia People Of Mongoloid Descendance,,,,,

OH NO!!!

"Columbia" is the feminine of "Columbus" and we can't have that!!

so confusing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I like how the QB wants the name Washington Redtails after the black airmen...lol

I hope the team folds and movesl

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

timber

Twelve Pointer
Well if they were little farther south could go with Washington Rednecks. Dont think to many politically correct rednecks

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Read that 3 minority owners looking to sell. 40% of team.
Maybe Mahommies will buy in !
:ROFLMAO:

Maybe new team name will be
Politically Correct Rainbows...or... Dirty Snowflakes !

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
Can someone please explain to me how a Indian as a mascot is offensive? I see it as more of a tribute, there is a reason it’s not the Washington wimps. Being a mascot is a big deal and should be respected not this crap. If the Braves do this crap I’m done with sports!

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Can someone please explain to me how a Indian as a mascot is offensive? I see it as more of a tribute, there is a reason it’s not the Washington wimps. Being a mascot is a big deal and should be respected not this crap. If the Braves do this crap I’m done with sports!

You can bet it's coming to Atlanta. The Cleveland Indians are working on a name change already.