Newfoundland Semi-Live,,,,,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
so made it through the border with zero issues, easiest it's ever been,,, I'd tell ya how easy, but don't want to get the Canada Border police folks in trouble :mosh:

or it could have been my Department of Homeland Security clearance level :unsure::unsure::cool::cool:

but at any rate, Earl and I breezed through, weapons permit in hand

then got through New Brunswick and hit the Province border check to get into Nova Scotia,,, police ask a few questions and away I went,,,

had to hit a hotel - tired... 2 1/2 more hours of driving to the ferry - better get to bed, cause I have to get there by 9AM

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
the ferry has free wifi! The lady at the coffee counter said "I warn you, it's not very good",,, I told her "it's free, I don't expect much for free"

but she must have way better internet at home than I do - this wifi is just fine (y)

oh, and PSA - use a VPN folks, never know who's out there scraping your data :mosh::party::eek:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well made it to southern tip of Newfoundland- 2 1/2 hr drive north tomorrow then Iā€™m there

depending on which area I get sent to, I may or may not have comms

had dinner at the hotel - main course, ā€œfish-n-brewisā€

ya better like salted fish!!

9F513254-2040-4F31-938D-F6919E7497E3.jpeg

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good luck! If you get a moose and caribou to go along with that elk you're gonna need another freezer or two!
He will be alright, got a friend that just put a big building up right up the road from him. Just got electricity Friday. Iā€™ll be glad to bring my spare freezer down, it is a big one. He can fill ā€˜er up. Since we are buddies an all. šŸ˜€

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
1st day in the books

Iā€™m exhausted

dsng 30 something guides!!!

and since WHEN did i inherit the title ā€œoldest guy in campā€ ????

more later - going to bed

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!!!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
1st day in the books

Iā€™m exhausted

None of this tells the rest of the story....where those 30 something guides were suckin wind and gave up before you did. :)

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Another day down

passed on two young bull moose and a young(ish) caribou

another 8ish miles covered,,, walking these bogs is an interesting undertaking,,, one of the few places with water filled sponges on the SIDES of hills

fried cod for dinneršŸ‘

Iā€™ll post pictures and videos this weekend

going to bed

1ylab

Six Pointer
Good luck, I would say have fun but it sounds like you are having more fun than the law allows....

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
1st day in the books

Iā€™m exhausted

They, guides, just don't know what they are up against. This is play time. Pull a John Wayne on them...."Move'm out!!!". lol