New Zealand farmers and hunters turning in their semi automatic firearms for destruction

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
When those idiots find themselves in a stockade with shackles around their ankles maybe they'll re-think their position.... And we know damned good and well it's coming to a city near you soon....

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
After they surrender there semi auto's voluntarly, they will have no recourse when they come after every other guns they own, hard to understand people's mindset sometimes,why just semi auto's when they clearly said 5 different types of fire arms were used, a gun is a gun is a gun, they all will kill . they will get what they deserve by willingly giving up there writes of owning a gun.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
When those idiots find themselves in a stockade with shackles around their ankles maybe they'll re-think their position.... And we know damned good and well it's coming to a city near you soon....
So you really think, soon, those here in the US, if they happen to own certain types of firearms, will have to unwillingly turn them in? Curious about your opinion, not arguing. I think the possibility has become greater than say maybe 10 years ago, but not so that scenario will be soon. Diane Frankenstein has been a big pusher but her time is more limited. And Polutsie, well she will be 79 March 26, I believe. That's also good.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You know, the fundamental question that needs to be asked in response to these mindless knee-jerk reactions is simply this; What will they be willing to concede when the next nut-job uses something besides a firearm.

Unarmed people are at the mercy of pretty much anyone armed with pretty much anything. I guess everyone would feel better if the NZ attack had been committed with something sharp.

For example:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
New Zealand was a penal colony not that long ago, so.......

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
He doesn't trust himself, if I was his neighbor I wouldn't trust him either. I couldn't trust that he would be a rat to gain preferential treatment from an occupying army.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
This is like people turning in their cars, after some idiot used one to run over somebody.

Just wait for it, Elizabeth Warren is honking the reparations horn again.

Won't be long that we can litigate everyone even though they were not the protagonist.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
So you really think, soon, those here in the US, if they happen to own certain types of firearms, will have to unwillingly turn them in? Curious about your opinion, not arguing. I think the possibility has become greater than say maybe 10 years ago, but not so that scenario will be soon. Diane Frankenstein has been a big pusher but her time is more limited. And Polutsie, well she will be 79 March 26, I believe. That's also good.

I believe that it could be real soon. Yes, Feinstein and Pelosi have been there forever, but they've not gotten much accomplished, thankfully. Their time is almost up, but it doesn't mean that I want them to go. These new AOC types are coming to take over the party. They actually believe and live out the ignorance they spew, and I do not believe they will stop. The chic only got 11% of the vote in her district and now she's in charge...just ask her. The people coming into power in the next few elections are the children of the people that started preaching this ilk 30 years ago. They were raised on the hate America mantra. Just my .02

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Well, better turn in all our knives, forks, vehicles etc because evil people have used them to kill also!

Heck better turn in there sheep.. no telling when they might also go rogue and start eating people

Wv67

Ten Pointer
Long way from the US , I know they will wanna use it , but my guns aren’t going anywhere that’s why I think our news should just worry about what’s going on here in the states not to sound racist or like a jack ass but I really don’t care about what goes on in other countries whose shooting who etc , now if it’s a threat to the us then yes I care but folks killing folks have at it happens here everyday that’s what needs addressed

ECU_Pirate

Banned
After they surrender there semi auto's voluntarly, they will have no recourse when they come after every other guns they own, hard to understand people's mindset sometimes,why just semi auto's when they clearly said 5 different types of fire arms were used, a gun is a gun is a gun, they all will kill . they will get what they deserve by willingly giving up there writes of owning a gun.

Don't really think they deserve anything by doing this. Don't agree with it, but it's a little extreme to wish I'll will on them...

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think some of it is what the USA media wants to push here. They love the left wing lady running New Zealand.

There is a lot of firearms in NZ. Knowing a few kiwis they aren't all left wing by any stretch.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Just wait for it, Elizabeth Warren is honking the reparations horn again.

Won't be long that we can litigate everyone even though they were not the protagonist.
We're already there. Remington sold a rifle to a distributor, who sold it to a gun store, who sold it to a woman in Connecticut. A man, her son, murdered her with a different weapon, stole the rifle and used it to kill school children. And an appeals court says the families can sue Remington.

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The shooters "manifesto" specifically states he hopes this incident causes turmoil regarding arms in the US.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Since evidently owning a firearm predisposes the average man to murder, I would assume having a penis would predispose the average man to rape. So, when you turn in your rifle, be sure to have yourself castrated. Just to be on the safe side. :rolleyes:

nckeith

Ten Pointer
If and when the time comes for an armed conflict as China flexes its muscles across the pacific, they are going to wish they could defend themselves. Stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Soon is relative. Do I think I will? I hope not. Do i think my grandchildren will? Yes.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I don't usually jump in on these kinds of discussions here, but thought I'd throw my hat in on it because of my somewhat unique experience.

I come from a pro-gun control background. I also lived for 2 years in Israel, including the area known as the West Bank, where acts of terrorism do sometimes happen. Sometimes there's a war in the summer. I honestly felt safer in Israel because, if something did happen, there are soldiers and police with guns everywhere who can stop it. Or you can run into a bomb shelter. That's just how it is there and you adjust. So I understand the "good people with guns can stop bad people with guns" argument.

So my views on the whole gun debate are a bit complicated. On the one hand, I understand the views that promote stricter gun control. Statistically speaking, mass shootings like this happen most frequently in the US, where there is minimal gun control. On the other hand, people with bad intentions will use whatever they can get their hands on to commit a crime. In the UK, for example, where there is strict gun control, the incidence of stabbings is much higher than here. In Israel, terrorists use all kinds of things to make bombs, acquire guns illegally, etc.

So, my question is: As gun owners and gun advocates, what do y'all think is the solution here? It seems to me that most, if not all, of the mass shootings, especially in the US, have been happening with legally purchased guns by people who had no legal red flags. No one can predict who is going to flip and go on a mass shooting or what kind of gun or other weapon they'll use. As I learn more about guns through my hunting interest, I'm no longer so sure about generalized gun control. Most gun owners are good people who would never dream of committing a crime with their guns. But there are these rare individuals who will use a legally purchased firearm to commit some horrific acts. How can this be prevented? What are y'all's thoughts?

Pipe Bombs are illegal, yet they kill many people everywhere.

Ban semi automatic guns and semiautomatic guns will still be used to kill people. As long as carbon steel is available, guns will be here.

I guess you’ll just have to decide who you want to protect your family. I prefer to take that responsibility upon myself and other family members. At my house, we call the cops if we have time. Sure as hell aren’t gonna wait for them to come save us, or scurry like roaches to the bomb shelter.