New Winchester StaBall match powder out and available

CRC

Old Mossy Horns

Winchester StaBall Match is a temperature-insensitive, double-base, Ball Powder, stable in extreme-hot or -cold conditions. This powder provides optimal loading density in cartridges appropriate for the burn speed, which is ideal for high-BC heavy for caliber bullets in 223 Remington, 224 Valkyrie, 22-250 Remington, 308 Winchester, 30-06 and many more.

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
That’s not a very good video at all demonstrating why staball match is the best powder, zero useful data given. A 5” group at 324 yds, I wouldn’t post up on the internet to show the greatness of the powder. We need numbers on velocity and extreme spreads in a wide range of temps plus pressure readings, case fills etc.

Wirehead

Eight Pointer
Been working with staball and have had decent luck this far, but still working on load. Got to 2960 fps with a 205 Berger elite hunter without significant pressure signs.

Wirehead

Eight Pointer
Man that seems hot! How are your groups?
Yea uncomfortably hot, i think … I’ll be backing off that by at 0.5 gr. Haven’t finished accuracy testing but with a lower test charge at ~2880 it was about 0.7” 3 shot. Still have a ways to go on finding best accuracy…

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Morrison's Gun Specialties in Asheville told me they will be getting this powder in about a week or two.

Have a number of other Hodgdon owned powders in stock.

Slim pickings on primers still

Last edited: