new turkey slayer for fast moving,,,,

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have that same sight on my lightweight carry dog gun. So far it has taken a bunch of abuse off the bench and hasn't moved a lick.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like it,,,may have to order another
I like it so far, jury is out on how well I am going to like it shooting at a buck running through the pines. I have always easily adapted to optics and probably will ike it. If so one will be setting on my 3.5" gun also. I have reflex sights on a couple of my handguns and love them.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've been looking at getting one. Swap to an imp cyl choke and slugs for a dandy woods deer gun too. I've found the Fedearal 1/4 oz and Silver Bear 97 gr slugs thump deer pretty good inside 50 yards. Both group well too.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
I bought one when they first came out, they’re fun little guns in the turkey woods and get the job done nicely the lightweight is a bonus.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Good. Another convert to the light side. I wonder if Hawglips had any idea what an impact he would have on turkey hunting when he started messing with TSS.

I've been smacking them with a .28 gauge and Hal's 28 gauge TSS load mix,,and still love my 12 gauge with Heavyweight 7s,,,,,but got this 301 as part of a sponsor thing,,,,and well, you know,,,a weakness of mine is more shooters,,,

22LR

Twelve Pointer
How's the eye alignment to cheek weld with the optic? I too would like to have the same set up. Just thinking about having to build up the stock to obtain eye alignment and cheek weld. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
How's the eye alignment to cheek weld with the optic? I too would like to have the same set up. Just thinking about having to build up the stock to obtain eye alignment and cheek weld. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted!

that is variable with face shape, neck length, etc

let's say my neck and head are maybe larger than most,,,longer I mean,,,

works fine for me with the Swampfox (similar in size to FF3 etc)

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
That’s the beauty of a dot...put the dot on his head and squeeze. As long as you can see the dot, you’re lined up as well as you need to be(y)

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Granville Gun Works in Creedmoor has one on the shelf. Saw it when I took my NEF/H&R 410 in to be drilled and tapped for scope base.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you get one that it doesn't fit I have used these. they work well and they have adjustable thickness pads to set the height. In the hard kicking guns they help them from whacking your check also.

WolfpackHunter

Six Pointer
Contributor
Looks good!
I've seen a similar gun come through Ed's a few times with a tempting price. I went to 20ga. youth model and TSS last year...it was like someone took 50lbs off me when running and gunning...
I believe I'll eventually transition to the .410