New toy

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Once again I just couldn’t say no, got into a mood to downsize and move some items that I didn’t really care for. Talked to the wife and decided that I’d just sell stuff unless it was something I couldn’t pass on, sure enough I got a trade offer that I had to take.
It’s a weakness I know.
Base action is a Savage 12 in 6.5 creedmoor sitting in a MDT tac12 chassis with all the bells and whistles. For the accutrigger haters it has a timney gold match 1 stage. Glass is a Burris eliminator 3.
deb7dbd647cf4a42ab4bc9a11542eaab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You do know we see all that stuff sitting in the racks in the background, knowing full well that is just the tip of the iceberg. LMAO

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
You do know we see all that stuff sitting in the racks in the background, knowing full well that is just the tip of the iceberg. LMAO

Insert boat accident here..... those racks are just for decoration lol

BattleBornNV

Button Buck
Let is know how you like those optics. I’ve been on the fence for quite some time about using that set up on my RPR 6.5C. Wondering if the hype is worth it.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Let is know how you like those optics. I’ve been on the fence for quite some time about using that set up on my RPR 6.5C. Wondering if the hype is worth it.

I’ve got 2 they’re great once you get good data, found them to be within .05 error of my log book and ballistic calc. You still absolutely must know how call the wind, when you laze it gives you a static wind call for a 10mph crosswind at the distance targeted. So for instance if you laze a target at 578 yards and a 15mph cross wind and the wind call is .6 @ 10mph you have to figure the true call. So that would be .6 x 1.5 =.9... then it’s just a matter of reducing the true call for a quartering value if the wind is coming from the 2,10,8 or 4 o’clock positions.
So far I’ve managed cold bore 1st shot hits out to 1230yards with my 300wm setup. On a range I’d most likely still figure out a shooting solution and dial it in, but for hunting I think it fits perfectly. Less steps between seeing a deer and hitting the deer, no matter how proficient you are it can be really tough to get a solution and spin the turrets quick enough to get the shot before an animal moves off or changes ranges.

BattleBornNV

Button Buck
I’ve harvested animals beyond the 1k mark on a few occasions but with that distance, the time is allotted to dope and settle in. In my recent years my eye sight is not what it used to be, even through the best optics available, so I’m very content decreasing my range ceiling to 800 or less. If that scope can get me into 1 minute or less @ 800 consistently, it could be a good investment.

Really appreciate taking the time for the no hype review.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve harvested animals beyond the 1k mark on a few occasions but with that distance, the time is allotted to dope and settle in. In my recent years my eye sight is not what it used to be, even through the best optics available, so I’m very content decreasing my range ceiling to 800 or less. If that scope can get me into 1 minute or less @ 800 consistently, it could be a good investment.

Really appreciate taking the time for the no hype review.

Np, even with a really comprehensive range book dialing for long ranges is really time consuming. Especially when the best movement is the last 15 min of light. My only complaint on the scope is that for its price you’d expect slightly better lenses, they’re far from bad but more akin to what you’d expect in $900 scopes not a $1500.