New to NC and this forum

ILikeBigBucks

Button Buck
Hey y’all

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just moved to WNC from Florida last year. This will be my first hunt season here.

I hunt archery, muzzle and gun, deer, turkey and birds. I use to hunt gators and hogs, but no more! I might become a bear hunter.

I own a piece in the Texas Golden Triangle but haven’t been able to hunt it in 4 years due to the illegals crossing through it(Eagle Pass) so I have been grinding out hard earned deer on public lands.

I have killed a lot of large bucks but I am mostly a meat hunter these days. I fish a lot too. Less tarpon, snook and reds since moving, but I still own a skiff and fish Charleston, and FL regularly. Learning the trout and Muskie game, too.

I’m starting to figure out the NC permit system and where I might have decent odds of success. DuPont and Pisgah are on either side of me but I will do some traveling as well.

I’m 49 and in pretty good condition. If anyone is looking for a hunting buddy hit me up.

Looking forward to sharing some experiences with you all!

Josh

Attachments

• IMG_1712.jpeg
    IMG_1712.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 79

ILikeBigBucks

Button Buck
Welcome to the forum. I live in WNC also. Rutherford county. There are some of us get together for breakfast every Friday morning 8:30 at Greene’s restaurant in Forest city your welcome to come by. Try out their pancake special
Now got a few questions
Do you leave bacon on the plate
What kind of bbq do you like

I leave zero bacon behind.

NC whole hog bbq
Texas style beef and sausage bbq
Alabama style bbq

I am an equal opportunity bbq murderer.

See you at breakfast sometime.

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
I leave zero bacon behind.

NC whole hog bbq
Texas style beef and sausage bbq
Alabama style bbq

I am an equal opportunity bbq murderer.

See you at breakfast sometime.
You are going to fit in here
There is going to be a WNC bow hunt get together in Pisgah over in Avery county opening weekend. The younger guys will be packing up high on the mountain while us older and fatter guys camp down in the valley. Come over if you can make it and meet some of us from the forum

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
Lake Adger in Polk County has some good Muskie fishing. Just got to look at motor restrictions on boats 60hp max for fishing boat. Not sure on pontoon maybe 90 on pontoon

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hey y’all

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just moved to WNC from Florida last year. This will be my first hunt season here.

I hunt archery, muzzle and gun, deer, turkey and birds. I use to hunt gators and hogs, but no more! I might become a bear hunter.

I own a piece in the Texas Golden Triangle but haven’t been able to hunt it in 4 years due to the illegals crossing through it(Eagle Pass) so I have been grinding out hard earned deer on public lands.

I have killed a lot of large bucks but I am mostly a meat hunter these days. I fish a lot too. Less tarpon, snook and reds since moving, but I still own a skiff and fish Charleston, and FL regularly. Learning the trout and Muskie game, too.

I’m starting to figure out the NC permit system and where I might have decent odds of success. DuPont and Pisgah are on either side of me but I will do some traveling as well.

I’m 49 and in pretty good condition. If anyone is looking for a hunting buddy hit me up.

Looking forward to sharing some experiences with you all!

Josh
Welcome - what area of WNC?

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
1 more question well 2 questions
Do you eat the corn off the cob or do you slice it off the cob with a knife
Do you grill boil or microwave your corn on the cob.