New to Muzzleloading

chancegrayl

Just purchased my first muzzleloader, a Traditions Pursuit Ultra light. Im planning on using white hots at 100g and i know its personal preference but whats the best bullet yall have used? its a 50 cal and im currently looking at using Powerbelt 295 hp.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Ditch the pellets, go loose as you are hand loading each shot...

Would a modern hand loader restrict himself to only certain powder charges????

Any modern .429-.451 pistol bullet will outperform those PowerBelts and you can buy the
bullets in bulk and order sabots from either MMP or Harvester...

The .429 Hornady 240gr XTP is a classic for inlines...If you want a little heavier bullet go
to the .429 Hornady 300gr XTP...Either can be mated to the plain green sabots for .429
bullets or to an easy glide sabot, depending upon how tight your rifle's bore is....

If you prefer a .451 diameter bullet then Hornady makes them as well in both 250 and 300grs...

buffleheadnc2

Bullet Barnes expander all the way second choice hornady xtp, power belt are junk IMO. I would also shoot loose powder I like blackhorn 209.

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
I'm good with pellets, I like loose powder better, but pellets work fine and are easier....Howe rr, I wouldn't shoot another powerbelts at an animal if they gave me a lifetime supply for free..

Sent From Ink's House

chancegrayl

After listening to what you all had to say i was thinking of Hornady 300fpb, any one shoot these?

ncboman

Sabot load: 260 grain Knight bullets and sabots.

Full bore load: 460 gr 503 dia No Excuses bullets.

Both of these loads have nearly the same poi at 50yds from my inline Knights so I can hunt either one without scope adjustments. :)