New to Compound Bows

nchunter78

Six Pointer
After this season, I'd like to learn the the in's and out's our compound bows.
I live just outside of Raleigh - Durham and I am looking for a shop that can point me in the right direction to help me buy the right equipment and get it set up correctly.

Thanks for the suggestions.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Message me.
We can get what you need within your budget.
And do a little coaching.

Start today and watch John Dudleys nock on series school of nock on YouTube.
Then when we get your bow set up, go back through and practice all of that stuff.

The worm hole of archery is deep.
As deep as your pockets.

You can spend easy 3k on getting set up with quality equipment or spend 5hundo on used a couple year old equipment.
Both will shoot as accurate and kill deer.
Supporting your local shop is the way to go.
Then we, me, or someone else you should find to really make sure you are tuned and coached before you let arrows fly at deer.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chembob

Button Buck
New to NC this year and went to the closest bow shop to me in Davie County. I was disappointed with their work. Had the bows draw weight turned up, 10 arrows refletched, and peep sight adjusted. Was told the bow wont go up any higher as the limbs are flexing (its an old Hoyt Charger, entry level bow. Ive lost max draw weight over the years). and worst of all 6 of the arrows needed the fletchings repaired after a night of target shooting. 1 arrow the fletch came off mid air on first shot. It took this shop just over 2 weeks to get my bow and arrows back to me for that little work. Sooooo long winded way of asking if any one knows of a reputable shop in the Davie county or Winston Salem area. Im willing to drive a bit if needed.

Ho ace

Ten Pointer
Contributor
New to NC this year and went to the closest bow shop to me in Davie County. I was disappointed with their work. Had the bows draw weight turned up, 10 arrows refletched, and peep sight adjusted. Was told the bow wont go up any higher as the limbs are flexing (its an old Hoyt Charger, entry level bow. Ive lost max draw weight over the years). and worst of all 6 of the arrows needed the fletchings repaired after a night of target shooting. 1 arrow the fletch came off mid air on first shot. It took this shop just over 2 weeks to get my bow and arrows back to me for that little work. Sooooo long winded way of asking if any one knows of a reputable shop in the Davie county or Winston Salem area. Im willing to drive a bit if needed.

If you shoot a'lot then you should probably invest in a fletching jig and fletch your own arrows.

Last edited:

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Closest to you that I can reccomend is Boneyard Archery

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk