New swamp

buckbuster04

Ten Pointer
Well I just received access to a new swamp this last week, question for y'all. This swamp is mainly just an overflow off a big beaver pond and it's maybe 2 feet deep all the way across. Have any of y'all hunted a hole like this? I walked back there but being 95 degrees I wasn't gonna dare tempt Mother Nature and run up on a grown moccasin. Did manage to jump a woody though. Just not sure how ducks use a hole like this vs going to a big beaver pond.

Also just bought an older 4 wheeler to make the 2000 yard trec to my main swamp. This season can't get here fast enough

Irishpride42

Twelve Pointer
There is only one way to find out how it is and that's hunting it..............we will have our conclusion by the end of the year haha

buckbuster04

Ten Pointer
No doubt! Ill probably hunt it early season Saturday. Then leave it til late season. Sill gotta work on blazing a path down to the other hole. That mess has gotten thick

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
Are you the only one with the access? If so get it posted ASAP. If not, expect company. Prolly lots of company.

Willie

Twelve Pointer
Plant some millet in there...or use some of that corn that IP picked up the other day. Get them in good, fatten 'em up some before the season.

WakeHunter32

Eight Pointer
I'm a big swamp hunting fan... If you jumped a woody, remember where you were and try to avoid it and then scout early morning near there and maybe a few afternoons to see where the birds are moving too and from then set up in between and have a blast. Shallow water like that is great but watch out for those beaver runs haha good luck and congrats on the new spot

With all the rain we have had this year. There will probably be some ducks come in on you. Even if you just pass shoot them.

Gyrene

Those little beaver dam swamps are all I used to hunt back 10 years ago. We would drive the ATV as far in as we could and then had to wade 300-400 yards through knee deep to chest deep water to get to an area we could set out our decoys. Some of the most memorable duck hunting I have done was on those pain in the :donk:donk:donk swamps. Got our limit often and I wish we still owned the property so I could continue to hunt it.