New Spot Cleared

karleydavidson46

Six Pointer
Got a new small spot cleared. Gonna make a great fall and winter food plot.
38c4bb9fccc502088f84ea36dd45715e.jpg
12cb70febab718e01be2d9345434934e.jpg
64f26bfdec169a641ac48dcc28da1e51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Did you clear that so that you can sow something this year? What will you put there? With trees on all sides, it looks like it will be very shaded, and I'll bet the pH is really terrible. I think I see Piedmont clay and not Coastal Plain dirt. I've been trying to grow things in a similar area for a few years with no good results.

karleydavidson46

Six Pointer
Did you clear that so that you can sow something this year? What will you put there? With trees on all sides, it looks like it will be very shaded, and I'll bet the pH is really terrible. I think I see Piedmont clay and not Coastal Plain dirt. I've been trying to grow things in a similar area for a few years with no good results.

I did half of a food plot for spring and it actually did really well there. After clearing it I’ve put out lime and fertilizer I’m not sure what I’m gonna plant for fall/winter I might plant something late August. Clover possibly since it is very shaded. Or might go with a collard, turnip, radish mix from Whitetail Greens. Not sure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk