• Just a heads up for those of you who use Tapatalk to access NCH&F. I will be removing support for that app effective immediately. The reasons are many, but the primary one is that it allows spammers to post here without first being authorized to do so. This, coupled with their increasingly aggressive and invasive ads and pop ups, has caused us to remove them from the site entirely.

New small water boat!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Just got a text from the boat dealer, said the new boat is in!

Wanted something for smaller waters but something that was not one of the typical light weight 36 to 40" floor.

This one is a Seaark 1648 MVJ
I had them add the pods on the back, rear deck cover, full width seat track front and back, 20" transom and the HD tread plate flat floor.

Hope to make the drive next week and pick it up.
IMG952143.jpgIMG952142.jpgIMG952141.jpgIMG952140.jpg

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Hell yea. Sweet.
Before you put an out board on it,check out the bigger mudskippers. Good looking boat.
For now, I plan to use a trolling motor and fish some areas that have no Gas rules. Also will be using it at the lake house at Gaston just to fish the coves and shallow areas.
Dont have a place to leave my big boat at the dock but this one I can drag up in the yard or anchor.

I really like some of the mud motors and thinking about playing with a few.
But again I like the size weight and how quiet the mercury 20hp is.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Dont laugh.....whats the reason for the pods off the back?
I will take that for a real question.
#1 it is easier for a fat guy to get back in the boat if he falls out.
#2 it is a step for the dog. She can get her feet on it, place hand behind head and she darts in the boat.
#3 floatation. It will hold more.weight at the back and also hold more weight on the sides.
#4 if you fish shallow and want to have one foot on and one foot off the boat pushing it is easy.
#5 getting in and out of the boat.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Really the pods make a big difference.
Any aluminum boat I own will have them from now on.
There is more to it but you would need to be on and drive one with them.

BTW
The wife said I need to call this one Baby Boat.....
Being my big one is this one!

20180427_123221.jpg20200124_103738.jpg20180427_123235.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
for sure nice boat, where did you get it at?
Mack, this one come from The Great Outdoors.
Long story short they have been about sold out of at the time 2020 and 2021 and also hearing many of the 2022s are pre sold.
I tried every dealer I could get on the phone. Almost everyone said no chance. This was a pre order from last summer and was on order when I made the deal in November if I recall. They order based on size to fit a load for shipping.
It was a base green. I was able to spec and change what I wanted. They told me based on order date last summer it would be here end of March to first week April.
I pick it up next week. They knew I wanted it, knew I would pay. They gave me a great deal.
I had two other quotes at 2 to 3k more.
The dealer at the beach I used last time could not get me one. It would be spring 2022.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Mack, this one come from The Great Outdoors.
Long story short they have been about sold out of at the time 2020 and 2021 and also hearing many of the 2022s are pre sold.
I tried every dealer I could get on the phone. Almost everyone said no chance. This was a pre order from last summer and was on order when I made the deal in November if I recall. They order based on size to fit a load for shipping.
It was a base green. I was able to spec and change what I wanted. They told me based on order date last summer it would be here end of March to first week April.
I pick it up next week. They knew I wanted it, knew I would pay. They gave me a great deal.
I had two other quotes at 2 to 3k more.
The dealer at the beach I used last time could not get me one. It would be spring 2022.
where are they at?/ I googled it and it did not come up with anything.