New Rifle

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
I have a defiance ruckus xm receiver with mag bolt face and a sandman l suppressor. I need ideas for everything in between, stock, barrel, bottom metal, trigger, and optic. This rifle will be for my wife to shoot paper, steel and eventually hunt with. Chambering will be 6.5 prc or variant. I’m looking for moderate to lighter weight, not super lightweight as to calm some recoil.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Proof or Carbon Wrapped Brux Barrel 22", AG Composites Alpine Hunter Stock, trigger Tech Primary, Hawkins Bottom Metal and magazine, Hawkins Hybrid Rings.

Now the scope is a tough one for me as I want different things to shoot steel vs hunt. For both I'd go with Nightforce NX8 second focal plane but I love my NX8 FFP for paper and steel. I prefer the VX5 or 6HD in the simple firedot duplex hunting.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
I like ^ but would do a 24 inch barrel and Swarovski z5i 5x25x52 for the optic. Lighter then the nighforce.

Priced out a similar build in on defiance tenacity action.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I like ^ but would do a 24 inch barrel and Swarovski z5i 5x25x52 for the optic. Lighter then the nighforce.
I went 22" because he mentioned running the suppressor. That 2" makes a lot of difference......and that's not just what she said!

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Free for all budget
- #3 or 4 ish stainless steel match barrel of you're choosing, fluted heavily and cut at 18 or 20 inches. (You won’t save enough weight with carbon to make it worth the money and won’t have any fuss.)
- mdt hunt 26 chassis (accepts aics)
- any trigger tech or timney or Giselle or box and Andy or…… etc.
- NF ATACR 4-16x42 f1 mil r

Budget conscious
- same barrel
- xlr chassis or similar
- trigger tech primary
- SWFA or Trigicon of you’re choosing

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
Free for all budget
- #3 or 4 ish stainless steel match barrel of you're choosing, fluted heavily and cut at 18 or 20 inches. (You won’t save enough weight with carbon to make it worth the money and won’t have any fuss.)
- mdt hunt 26 chassis (accepts aics)
- any trigger tech or timney or Giselle or box and Andy or…… etc.
- NF ATACR 4-16x42 f1 mil r

Budget conscious
- same barrel
- xlr chassis or similar
- trigger tech primary
- SWFA or Trigicon of you’re choosing
Do you have a picture of yours, this sounds like a fun build.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Do you have a picture of yours, this sounds like a fun build.
I don’t have one… lol. All mine are budget builds. I want to build a 22 creedmore that will be a blend of the two probably, but that’s sock money that’s currently not full enough.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I was looking at the manners lrh and the McMillan game warden LR carbon fiber, all my other guns are or have been A5 or A5 supermags.
My x bolt 6.5 wears a game scout. I like it a lot. The game warden should feel very similar. I’d like to handle the manners though.

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
My x bolt 6.5 wears a game scout. I like it a lot. The game warden should feel very similar. I’d like to handle the manners though.
I have shot a few manners and chassis guns but I’m definitely leaning mcm or mcs, I haven’t shot a chassis gun I would own. That being said I am looking at a cadex chassis on my big gun just to have a rail to put a prism or two on it.

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
Couple steps closer. Reamer and go-gauge in hand, barrel ordered.

Attachments

• CCADB089-E325-4B4D-92F2-35BFDC1DA853.jpeg
    CCADB089-E325-4B4D-92F2-35BFDC1DA853.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 8

JW1987

Button Buck
I want to do a 25prc on some lightweight receiver, and a 1:7 heavy sporter barrelabout 24”. Put it in a good carbon stock and do the mountain rifle thing.