New rifle recommendation

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Well mom didnt waste any time and just bought a Tikka T3x in 308. She exceeder her budget and went with this cabelas exclusive that is Carakoted and has a threaded barrel and muzzlebreak for $1199. I'll be curious to see it when it comes in.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/tikka-t3x-lite-d-18-rifle-with-truetimber-strata-stock

The Tikka® T3X Lite D-18 Rifle with TrueTimber® Strata Stock is an innovative, well-designed, lightweight hunting rifle, designed for dependable field performance. The T3X Lite D-18 features a synthetic stock in TrueTimber Strata camo, and a Carakote®-finished, free-float, fluted, and threaded (5/8"x24) barrel with a factory-installed Cerakote muzzle brake. An enhanced recoil pad makes shooting the T3X Lite extremely manageable; and an all-weather grip surface on the pistol grip offers a firm, non-slip grip for optimal control. The T3X boasts a fluted, 2-lug bolt with an oversized bolt handle and a 75° lift that cycles smooth as silk, even with large or gloved hands. An enlarged ejection port facilitates feeding rounds individually and ejecting spent casings with ease. The T3X Lite D-18 Rifle features a single-stage adjustable trigger that breaks crisp and clean, allowing hunters to make quick, accurate shots, even in less desirable field conditions.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I think a T3 in 6.5 would be the ticket. I think a little bit of a reduction in power is good with the lighter guns.

Ammo is out there, just have to find it and wait for it to ship.

Just my opinion.

Edited: Guess you posted about her purchase while i was typing. Looks like a solid choice. It's lightweight, but has a brake, so she might be able to still comfortably shoot the full power loads. As was previously mentioned, she can also shoot reduced recoil loads if she needs to.

Last edited:

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
Weatherby Vanguard Camilla might be worth a look if she is smaller framed, or the regular Vanguard if that fits well for her.

Ruger Americans are great shooting budget rifles, but the stocks are lightweight, so 6.5 Creedmoor might be a better option for that platform.

cncwmg

Four Pointer
Weatherby Vanguard Camilla might be worth a look if she is smaller framed, or the regular Vanguard if that fits well for her.

Ruger Americans are great shooting budget rifles, but the stocks are lightweight, so 6.5 Creedmoor might be a better option for that platform.

I love my Ruger American. It's a tack driver in .308. That being said, if I've got $1000 to spend I'd probably splurge a little more. I'll probably upgrade the stock on my Ruger soon as it's my only real complaint about it. Pretty cheap.

Those Vanguards are beautiful rifles.