New purchase ….New farm!!

tra_cline

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Thread starter #243
Started our screened in porch - 12x30 [further along just no up to date pictures. Electric for fans and plugs going in this week.
Filling feeders and went to Amish farm on last trip up

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

tra_cline

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Thread starter #244
I always find it hard to say on a lot of deer from year to year that it's same deer but if feel like these 2 maybe. If so a birthday helped

tra_cline

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Thread starter #245
So the one deer I had that I was excited about. Showed up this evening with about 7" of his g3 broke off. I'm guessing it won't be all that get busted up.

tra_cline

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Thread starter #247
Thanks! And those toms have gotten up to 21 in plot at 1 time before that area is loaded with birds.
Deer pics are nice but its that group birds that looked best. Good to see your hard work paying off only gonna get better

turkeyfoot

Twelve Pointer
Thanks! And those toms have gotten up to 21 in plot at 1 time before that area is loaded with birds.

Very nice sounds like loud spring ahead. Western Ky has reputation for good bird numbers and big deer as well. I'm more familiar with eastern Pike county area but I've heard like talk about west.

tra_cline

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Thread starter #250
Due to the coastal bear season opening on same day I'm gonna miss what should be the best hunting days this year. I came up on Oct 30th and will hunt till the 6th. So far it is slow ... like glad I have unlimited data plan slow... seen 6 bucks and 4 does since I got here this trip. Rain front moving in as I type this and wind is swirling but plot and trees are pretty....
Only take couple seconds to end the season though, maybe one will cruise this plot checking this evening...

Last edited:

tra_cline

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Thread starter #252
Beautiful looking spot! Good luck this week.
Thanks rain did start but I seen 5 mature doe, no bucks though does fed around for about 15 min then off into woods. Raining hard now... maybe it will jump start them to get on their feet in morning. But I doubt it - still feels like the calm before the storm .....

Last edited:

LDG

Twelve Pointer
Great thread. Hope the deer are running crazy by Saturday. Leaving Friday for my annual trip to my cousins farm in Harrodsburg. I went last Wednesday and put out corn and cell cameras. Little ones are still with does so that's good. Weather looking good too. 20's for lows and 40's for highs.

tra_cline

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Thread starter #254
2018 tag is filled.. On a great big bodied 8, obviously he liked to fight. Has busted a G1 and also busted his main beam.. Tickled with him I love having a place where you can let younger deer go and shoot older big body bucks. And he wrapped around and almost touches.

Last edited:

dobber

Eight Pointer
nice, i wish my property was closer just for all the work you are doing, but it is nice to let the 3.5yr olds walk and wait for something you know is there. Biggest deer off my place was a 194" but i have yet to see anything that size. Ahh but the plans for the West scaffolding cedar stand are in motion for the spring

tra_cline

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Thread starter #257
Here is the Wildgame rack tape score on my buck. Taped out at 133" ( I ran the G1 2 times because of the busted one) (the black tape is protecting the area on the main beam that is split) this was just a curiosity score. Not trying to qualify this as official. Score Was larger than I expected. Also helped reinforce my thought that a mature body buck will have a rack that I'm satisfied with.