• Just a heads up for those of you who use Tapatalk to access NCH&F. I will be removing support for that app effective immediately. The reasons are many, but the primary one is that it allows spammers to post here without first being authorized to do so. This, coupled with their increasingly aggressive and invasive ads and pop ups, has caused us to remove them from the site entirely.

New purchase ….New farm!!

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
You sure have spent a lot of time working on your place this year. I'm still dreaming and saving. I cant make up my mind which way to go...Ohio, Kentucky or Missouri.

Here is what happen on the farm I had in Ohio. http://trophyfarms.net/ He is selling memberships now at the tune of $675,000.00 each. This place spoiled me. I never seen any true monsters there but about every other year a 160 would show up.

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
You sure have spent a lot of time working on your place this year. I'm still dreaming and saving. I cant make up my mind which way to go...Ohio, Kentucky or Missouri.

Here is what happen on the farm I had in Ohio. http://trophyfarms.net/ He is selling memberships now at the tune of $675,000.00 each. This place spoiled me. I never seen any true monsters there but about every other year a 160 would show up.
I can see the work starting to pay off. Deer are coming along and this year's ages look best yet. Have hunted all 3 you are looking at a good farm in any of the 3 will be jamming! Goodness land is jumping in asking prices right now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
With only a month to go before season comes in here. I was feeling pretty good about all that I had done up to this point. Then I realised I only have 4 weekends till season comes in. Did some more spraying and sprayed the Roundup Ready beans - that's nerveracking! Hard to spray Roundup on something you trying to get to grow! Carpeted the new box, filled a goody box for the critters with a mixture I made up. Hung a bird box. Top sow 1ac of beans with Daikon radishes and Biologic winter bulbs, deer are working hard on those beans so I wanted a back up. Also cut a few trees and Now I am Heading to eat BBQ & go to the local auction house!

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Pics of bean field I top coated. Picture makes coverage look worse than it is ....

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've been little late on topping the beans last 2 year and ended up with less than stellar winter green. Just trying something new. If it doesn't work I'll plow it under when they start to turn. They get browsed really hard a lot have 5-8" browsed off. If the Roundup does work and I didn't kill the plot then I will top other side in 2 weeks. Or I'll plow it under and replant...

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
First time reading this thread. The pictures used to not work at the office. Love the farm and the house! You and Meg have done an awesome job!!!

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
2 weeks to go till season comes in. Replacing dead batteries. Installing another Spartan cam - they are addictive. Planting fall plot, topping bean plots. Feel like I'm in good shape to start the year off. Still no great buck showing up yet, but couple I know that are around from last year that will make an appearance at sometime.
**topped beans with daikan radishes, rape, purple tops, kale & clover mix ( this plot has been ate from 16" average height down to about 9" in 3 weeks.)
**planted new plot with Beans & Lab Lab, radishes, PT turnips, SS red clover, Kale & SS Fall Greens mix.

Last edited:

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Installed some window blinds over the new plot stand, just tinkering with some stuff.
Also if anyone is looking for a seed to broadcast with good germination results try the SS eco-radish (southern state brand) very good price and spouted with in 24 hrs.

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Couple Spartan Cell Cam pictures
The bucks are ok. But check out the sledhead on that doe!

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Bug bombed stands and blinds, Filled feeders, set out couple more cameras, and trimmed limbs sticking into 2 stand trails.
Ole Mamma got her hooves full!!!

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
This coon means business and I'm super impressed with how this Southern States seeds have jumped. Good looking bucks for next couple years ... business

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Hunting been slow- little bucks and loads of does but no shooter since the opening evening. Top seeded all my plots with winter grains (rye wheat oats) to fill in bare spots. Good rain this weekend. So that will help. We are adding a 12x30 enclosed patio to our cabin. And if my metal will get delivered I should be able to complete it in couple more weekends.

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Last velvet pics on couple cameras I pulled... still hoping for something to move in to the neighborhood that'll spice things up!!

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Nice. Is there a reason you like putting minerals in that box instead of in the ground?
One reason is solid blocks last about double the time frame. Trophy rocks melts away if it sits in water. The biggest reason I like to use the stands they allows me to get a deer rack in camera frame weather he has his head raised or lowered licking minerals.
* I have loose bag minerals on ground infront of box also...

Last edited:

SCnative

Spike
Just went through this whole thread. Wow and congrats on what y'all have made happen in such a short amount of time. How do you keep the trash pandas out of those gravity feeders?

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Just went through this whole thread. Wow and congrats on what y'all have made happen in such a short amount of time. How do you keep the trash pandas out of those gravity feeders?
Coons really aren't a huge problem and no bears anywhere close. Thanks we still have untold amounts of projects that need started... completed... or improved.