New Member - Introduction

johnhroberts

Button Buck
Afternoon all.

Just writing to introduce myself. I am an NC transplant, currently stationed @ Bragg. Relatively new hunter that is planning on going all out this upcoming fall. I will be hunting Mackall/Bragg and surrounding public land. I considered trying to find a club in the area, but realized finding an open slot would be diffiicult this late in the game. Muzzleloader/Shotgun/Rifle, possibly archery if I feel comfortable/familiar enough with it. I am overseas right now, but excited as hell to get home and start scouting.

I have been scouring this site for information for the past several months, figured it was time to join up. Thanks in advance for sharing knowledge/experience. Cheers.

Holden

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Afternoon all.

Just writing to introduce myself. I am an NC transplant, currently stationed @ Bragg. Relatively new hunter that is planning on going all out this upcoming fall. I will be hunting Mackall/Bragg and surrounding public land. I considered trying to find a club in the area, but realized finding an open slot would be diffiicult this late in the game. Muzzleloader/Shotgun/Rifle, possibly archery if I feel comfortable/familiar enough with it. I am overseas right now, but excited as hell to get home and start scouting.

I have been scouring this site for information for the past several months, figured it was time to join up. Thanks in advance for sharing knowledge/experience. Cheers.

Holden

Give me a yell when you get back,,,,I live south of Mackall a bit (if you're on a jump run on Luzon and look south you can see my facility)
be glad to answer any questions on the area gamelands (Sandhills, Rockfish, and Nicholson Creek), Bragg and MacKall you might have, though you are likely set

if you're interested in a club we have space,,,we run dogs some Saturdays and have still hunt zones,,,

johnhroberts

Button Buck
Thanks gang.

WM, much obliged. Ill shoot you a message here soon enough. I might be interested in the club you have down there if you arent full up by the time July rolls around. Ill holler at ya.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Finding a club wouldn't be all that hard, it would be most likely a dog club, but most also allow still hunting. Good camaraderie, usually good food and you will get educated in down home southern hunting if you decide to participate in the dog hunting also.

Give me a holler if you are interested, we don't discriminate we took in Woodmoose so we will take in most any transplant even the "damn" variety. LOL

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thank you for your service, my dad, mom, grandpa and great uncle are US army veterans

Get up with wood moose and nccatfisher

Make some more posts so you can private message, I had a couple little hot spots on Bragg and mackall that were reliable but I’d rather not post it out loud to the public

Welcome

johnhroberts

Button Buck
NHN2A, NCCAT, Josh - I will be in touch as soon as I get my post count up a bit.

I sure appreciate any advice you are willing to share.

And I can definitely get behind camaraderie and good food.

Thanks again.

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
Welcome. Lots of good hunting in the area.

Also, don't listen to any crap about Fay. Everywhere in the south has its shady spots. I could live anywhere but chose this area...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk