New kind of muzzleloader bullet at Walmart

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I was at my local Wal-Mart and saw these. Whats your thoughts?

Attachments

• 0717180616.jpg
    0717180616.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: CRC

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I believe similar bullets are loaded for semi automatic handguns already

See here:

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Explain how they are non-expanding and give extreme energy transfer??? ;)

I just buy a box of 50, 300gr Hornady XTPs, bulk sabots, and go at it...

I've tried Shockwaves and Barnes in the past but found the XTPs do plenty and those 300s usually exit...

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I suspect like powerbelts they'll shoot accurate but there will be issued with getting a blood trail.

Agreed, I’ll stick with my 250gn shockwaves, they don’t leave the best of blood trails but are far more accurate than any others I’ve tried...... and with a high shoulder shot tracking is a moot point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like a spin off of the old Devel 175gr "Radial Dynamic" bullets I used to shoot way back around 1998 to 2003. It is still to this day the most accurate bullet I've ever shot out of any muzzleloader. Sadly, when Charlie Kelsey of Leved Cartridge Ltd. was murdered back in 2003 his bullet company and his handgun company died with him.

Wv67

Ten Pointer
I’ve heard a lot of negative remarks about power belts since they come out , and that’s all I’ve used since they been out never a problem , far as those new bullets , or others I never change up anything if what I’m using already works , but that’s with all my gear