new job

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Been involved in the traveling instrumentation gig for going on 12 years now.......seen a lot of cool places and had some great times and have made on hell of a living doing it. That will come to and end on the 6th of March. I just accepted a instrumentation position at Grifols in Clayton. Looking forward to closing out my career there and getting a much needed break from living out of a suitcase. I am definitely looking forward to more home time and being close to my family more.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Cool deal I know a couple of people who work there and they like it. Hope you enjoy the new gig.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good for you bud. To a smart man a job ain't always about the money......
I've enjoyed life just as much, maybe even more, making $200 a week as I did making $2000 a week.....

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Good for you bud. To a smart man a job ain't always about the money......
I've enjoyed life just as much, maybe even more, making $200 a week as I did making $2000 a week.....
funny you mention that. I can remember when I was making $10 an hour doing electrical work and it seemed like I had more money in my pocket then I have at times making 4 or 5 times that amount.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Sometimes it’s good to get grounded again. I’m on the opposite side of that coin at the moment. The 6 mos I spent home with the kids are still some of my fondest memories and kids still talk about what we did. They don’t remember not spending money on extras. They talk about our urban farm, Dad teaching them pre-school (basic physics is pre-k right?) They remember all the extra time to fish and extra breakfast I cooked after my Wife and older son left for the day. They don’t remember sharing one small room. Funny, I don’t remember ever not having what we need.

Wish you all the best in your new endeavor. Enjoy the tie at home. It’s sometimes a bit to acclimate to after being a Road Warrior for awhile.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
The last year i have spent at home has been awesome, new grand baby and another on the way which i would have missed if i stayed doing what i was doing, that plus the weeks/months away from home. Didn't always go over so well when i was away all of October, take a week of vacation and head off to the deer woods for a week, and then back to work for a month lol
I came back to the same company, 6 minutes from home with a pay cut and work load cut, don't see much difference financially. They now want me to do some traveling but at least its within the province, told them how much, they apparently MoFo'd me about what i was asking for, said then am good being where i am doing what i am doing.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
This is great.
I'm happy for you. There will be a lot more time for fishing and family being at home.

Congrats

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Congrats! I’m right around the corner at Novo and I took a production job last year that has given me much more time at home as well. Wouldn’t trade it for anything. I’m typing this from my recliner while my son plays on the floor. Couldn’t be spending time with him today in a Monday - Friday job.