New dove gun

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
Been on the sub gauge train for a few years now. Dove/quail hunt with the 28 gauge more than any 3 guns in my safe combined. Looking to add a .410 to the line up. Any one have recommendations for a .410 over under with 28” or 30” barrels?

Higgins

Ten Pointer
We've had alot of fun with the Tri Star I don't have alot use on mine but my Dad has shot just over 125lbs of 8 shot thru his ,only thing he has done is replace the firing pins for light primer strikes.

Last edited:

shurshot

Ten Pointer
I saw/handled a 555 20 ga. that a youth was hunting with last year and quite frankly was pretty impressed with it. Being a beretta and Browning O/U guy, the gun felt good and didn’t appear “cheap” or clunky. Can’t go on anything more than that but it was a gun I definitely could shoot if it would hold together.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I have a Franchi Aspire w/28” barrels in 410. Love it!! No shame in the lower end O/U’s but they just feel and look cheap to me. The franchi looks and handles like a higher end o/u.

Attachments

• 724498D4-004F-447E-8275-97505B95687F.jpeg
    724498D4-004F-447E-8275-97505B95687F.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 25
  • F5DEAD28-3483-453C-BDD4-935023731D7F.jpeg
    F5DEAD28-3483-453C-BDD4-935023731D7F.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 25

billyf

Six Pointer
depends on how much you want to spend. For $600 I would try the CZ drake.. For $1650 or so the Citori Hunter grade 1. at Buds.. Look up the reviews on the gun you decide on before you buy..

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
I have a Franchi Aspire w/28” barrels in 410. Love it!! No shame in the lower end O/U’s but they just feel and look cheap to me. The franchi looks and handles like a higher end o/u.
Did some googling and looks like that gun is no longer in production

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am looking for a good youth O/U in 20 or 28 for a left handed shooter. The ones I have picked up feel good as far as weight, and quality, but the mechanisms and the safety are often VERY tight. So much so as to be unusable by the intended shooters. I'd like to find one that was actually smooth.

I've seen the Stevens, ATI and Yildiz. Any others worth checking out?

I'd also take a Browning BPS micro midas in 20 if I could find one. Anyone seen one of those?

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
I am looking for a good youth O/U in 20 or 28 for a left handed shooter. The ones I have picked up feel good as far as weight, and quality, but the mechanisms and the safety are often VERY tight. So much so as to be unusable by the intended shooters. I'd like to find one that was actually smooth.

I've seen the Stevens, ATI and Yildiz. Any others worth checking out?

I'd also take a Browning BPS micro midas in 20 if I could find one. Anyone seen one of those?
I know where a snazzy BPS in 28 gauge is, ANIB. $$$$ ( I couldn't guarantee the price is out of line or not, with current supply being an issue)

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
Not to interested in 28 gauge pump. I have an over under and semi. Maybe some one else will jump on it.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've owned it for several years, but Saturday it will feel brand new. It's not an o/u, but I'm looking forward to dove hunting with my New England .410 for the first time.

My oldest son has recently shown an interest in hunting. If Saturday goes the way I hope it does, I'll be in the market for an o/u, and hand this off to him.

20210902_203500.jpg

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
I just looked at one when I was at academy. It has deff perked my interest. I my found it with 26” barrels though. Not sure if I could order with 28” guy at the counter said I could but I don’t seen anywhere on the web page to do so?