New Buice Call

Received a new call from Mr. Billy Buice last week. I sent him a piece of cocuswood and a piece of wart hog ivory in March after him looking at it at Unicoi to make sure he could work with them. Well as no surprise, he blew me out of the water with the call. When it comes to a Buice I am a fan of his 5-1/2" call. This is a 5-1/2" screw in Cocuswood with copper ferrule and wart hog ivory cap. The mouthpiece is a #3 buffalo horn. Worst part about getting this call is I cannot hunt it for 9 months!

a6aa5c8958a776d04f3450ca7a807fda.jpg

That is a fine piece of art there!!
Was that this year at Unicoi?
I always imagined the lead time on a Buice trumpet would be years.
Thanks for sharing!!

That is a fine piece of art there!!
Was that this year at Unicoi?
I always imagined the lead time on a Buice trumpet would be years.
Thanks for sharing!!

Yes, it was this past Unicioi. I sent him the material in late February. His lead time was 6 months then but I just sent some BRW and he said 9 months to a year.

ol bob

Six Pointer
Anyone wanting a Buice call it would be wise to get on his list now a year ago you could call him and get a call in less than a week now its a year wait he's slowing down at at his age if you wait you may not get one.

Anyone wanting a Buice call it would be wise to get on his list now a year ago you could call him and get a call in less than a week now its a year wait he's slowing down at at his age if you wait you may not get one.
The conversation is worth the phone call x10!