New Buckshot Loads

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Some results or our recent buckshot reloads. Pretty happy with these.

Attachments

• A5-Longshot-00.jpg
    A5-Longshot-00.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Benelli-800X-00.jpg
    Benelli-800X-00.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 149
  • Granms-Longshot-00.jpg
    Granms-Longshot-00.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 142

la angler

Six Pointer
Are you using a buffer? What choke size and what size buckshot is that? Nice groups at th at yardage!

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Yes. Ballistic Products #47 buffer. Those patterns are with .33 caliber (or 00) pellets. Chokes were all Kicks. First 2 are Kicks Buck Kicker (full). First is in a Browning A5 (one of the newer inertia driven guns). Second one is a Benelli M2. Third one is Kicks High Flyer (modified) out of a 21 inch barrel in a Remington 870.

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I loaded some 3" buck. 14 pellet Hornady .33 caliber in a WAA12R wad on top of 34 grains of Blue Dot powder. Tried a 6 point fold crimp and a roll crimp. Both did good but I prefer the fold crimp.IMG_20190918_143017839.jpg

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
Any one tried TSS #BB loads? Couple buddies in SC using them and they said never lead again. I know $$$$$$ is a factor as I load for turkey but how many do and can be shot? Reloader7RM sells over on 24hrcampfire sells and has the data

Last edited:

22LR

Twelve Pointer
Any one tried TSS #BB loads? Couple buddies in SC using them and they said never lead again. I know $$$$$$ is a factor as I load for turkey but how many do and can be shot? Reloader7RM sells over on 24hrcampfire sells and has the data
I am interested in a TSS load for 20 gauge for deer hunting. Let me know if you know one. I found this load from Apex for 12 gauge, it is 49 pellets of T shot TSS

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
I don't have any data for buckshot loads. TSS salesman and people that load guard that info with there life. I do know if you buy shot in certain amounts they give you the data. TSS is some wicked stuff in a shotgun.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hawglips on here is the pioneer of TSS and lives in Garner. Get with him for a one stop shop of everything you need both TSS and all the knowledge to go with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns

Kinda apples to oranges but I have patterned T’s, BB’s, 1’s and 2’s out of my 28 gauge from one of Hawglips recipes. Loaded 4 of each and shot them through factory beretta full and modified and also compnchoke light mod and mod. All loads and choke combinations out patterned any lead load by light years but my best was the T’s through the compnchoke light modified.

I’ve loaded several of hawglips recipes in every gauge and none have disappointed. He is the man when it comes to TSS.

klim

Twelve Pointer
I am interested in a TSS load for 20 gauge for deer hunting. Let me know if you know one. I found this load from Apex for 12 gauge, it is 49 pellets of T shot TSS

I watch that the other day pretty dang impressive

22LR

Twelve Pointer
IMG_20191201_133935904.jpgIMG_20191201_133935904.jpg
I tried two new reload recipes today at 40 yards. The .31 Cal nickel plated O buck hit to point of aim and the unplated .33 OO buck, shot higher than the point of aim but that's normal out of the A-5

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Those are good patterns. I am just now starting to work on 20Ga. 3" loads of 00, 0 and #1. I am tired of carrying that heavy 3.5" 12ga behind the dogs. I'll know in a few days.

22LR

Twelve Pointer
Those are good patterns. I am just now starting to work on 20Ga. 3" loads of 00, 0 and #1. I am tired of carrying that heavy 3.5" 12ga behind the dogs. I'll know in a few days.
I am interested in the 20 gauge resipies. PM them to me if you don't mind, Thanks!

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Great loads. My guns just do not like the Blue Dot. They love 800X and my A5, one of the new inertia driven guns, shoots Longshot really well.

I am also very interested in what you come up with for a 20 gauge.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Great loads. My guns just do not like the Blue Dot. They love 800X and my A5, one of the new inertia driven guns, shoots Longshot really well.

I am also very interested in what you come up with for a 20 gauge.
So far next to nothing. My buckshot choke has not come in but I have many chokes up to extended turkey. I am shooting up to 0 buck and so far the only thing it comes close to liking is 2 3/4" 0 in 9 pellet loads. None of the 3" loads has done well at all is this gun.

It is a 1100 LW mag with a 20" barrel. I do have a 28" fixed full barrel for it and may try it just for giggles but wouldn't carry it.

klim

Twelve Pointer
I order some #2 buck from BP and tried a 12 gauge 3 inch 25 pellet load at 40 yards today. Done pretty well I thought. BTW, it was out of my Browning Gold 28” barrel with buckicker full choke.

Attachments

• 1BD6408D-8F4F-4A86-98E1-F5C67506DC83.jpeg
    1BD6408D-8F4F-4A86-98E1-F5C67506DC83.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 25

klim

Twelve Pointer
That is too wide for my likes, but I hunt with guys that would love that.
I’ve got a XF buckicker for my Browning Gold and my 870, that I’m going to try this load with, when I get a chance to see if it will tighten up or not.

klim

Twelve Pointer
I believe XF buckicker is going to be the way to go with the #2 buckshot out of my Browning Gold

Attachments

• 663E0FD6-68BE-40E7-90B0-660B75D07B29.jpeg
    663E0FD6-68BE-40E7-90B0-660B75D07B29.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 25