New bass guy here

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We can agree to disagree. Norman is full of Alabama bass, true. But Norman is not even close to being the best in state lake.

My top ten are: 1. Badin 2. Randleman 3. Jordan. 4. Fontana 5. Shearon Harris 6. Falls Of The Neuse 7. MacIntosh 8.Oak Hollow 9. James 10. Buggs Island.
As a fishery, Michigan is nowhere near as good as NC, overall. Just my opinion, mind you.
Oh. As for the Falls, Shearon Harris, and Jordan group being overrated, MLF broke all existing records for their tours at those lakes this past March...So there's that.

High Rock didn't make the list?
:eek:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
No, out of my own experience. Badin is my favorite Yadkin chain lake. Never had the luck at High Rock I have had at the other lakes. That being said, I know the fish are there, and many of my friends know where to get them. They usually elude me however.
if you can make yourself avoid anything but docks for bass on high rock your luck will change. :)

Panthera

Eight Pointer
I know, but docks there usually are beat to death. I like throwing a Carolina rigged Speedcraw at Flat Swamp.

Got a question for my Michigan friend. I am sure you guys have good fishing up there. But if the bass fishing is so good, how come Michigan has never hosted the Classic? NC has five times.... High Rock 3 times, Currituck Sound and Lake Wylie one time each..:p

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I know, but docks there usually are beat to death. I like throwing a Carolina rigged Speedcraw at Flat Swamp.

Got a question for my Michigan friend. I am sure you guys have good fishing up there. But if the bass fishing is so good, how come Michigan has never hosted the Classic? NC has five times.... High Rock 3 times, Currituck Sound and Lake Wylie one time each..:p
even you namesake creek (panther) is better than the swamp. just sayin. :)

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Come now..150 smallies 3 to 5 pounds? NC has big smallies too, in fact, our record is bigger than Michigan's. Bamas pull hard true, but a two pounder in no way stronger than a five pound largemouth. I have caught Bamas (they are no longer called spots) and while pound for pound they fight better, the difference is not that large.

That is a typical day when you find them and that is just the smallies, that is not counting the 100 2.5-4lb largemouth you can catch at will. Very meaningless to me whether you believe me or not. You've never come close to doing that in NC on either smallies or green fish. Big smallies in NC are very few and far between. Have caught 1 5 pound smallie in our state and it was in the little Tennessee. Caught 1 5 pounder in VA on the new and several 4's

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

I want you think really hard about the month they have the classic and you will answer your own question. And I'm not from Michigan, unfortunately. I would move there any day of the week if I could though.

Back in the day when they had the classic in the summer they could've had the classic up there though. They've had tons of elite events and opens throughout the years as well as flw events. They're having the aoy there in September......if the win gives them a break it'll take 28 lbs a day to win and they will be all smallies. Imagine going to a lake where you can catch 20-22 lbs of lm at will and still not even coming close to making a cut?

Panthera

Eight Pointer
I want you think really hard about the month they have the classic and you will answer your own question. And I'm not from Michigan, unfortunately. I would move there any day of the week if I could though.

Back in the day when they had the classic in the summer they could've had the classic up there though. They've had tons of elite events and opens throughout the years as well as flw events. They're having the aoy there in September......if the win gives them a break it'll take 28 lbs a day to win and they will be all smallies. Imagine going to a lake where you can catch 20-22 lbs of lm at will and still not even coming close to making a cut?
How bout this?

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns

You send me a link to 2 40 lb bags that were caught on the same spot on back to back weekends in the spring as if I've never seen it before. I got news for you, before they ruined that lake it was the best small lake in the country and doing what they did twice was a regular thing. That place is a joke now. Yes there are still big ones in it but there are a lot of people that go there that spend days without bites. If that's your thing then by all means knock yourself out. I would much rather be able to get a bite every now and then. But I used to fish that lake religiously before the grass disappeared and remember the days of catching 30-50 3-4 pounders per day with the occasional 7-9 pounder thrown in. Everyone that remembers what it was like with grass will tell you the same. Same thing with Jordan and falls. All be it Jordan is still a great fishery. Falls has really fallen off over the last 4-5 years and I hope it's just a cycle but it's been tough. Yes the tournament weights are still high at times but if you fish it a lot you know there's a difference. Pressure, tournaments, etc I'm sure play a role. Those lakes get the crap beat out of them every day. They all suck in the fall and winter. And tournament weights do not tell you how good a place is to fish. That means that someone went out and got 5 decent bites. On a recreational day going out and catching 5 4 pound largemouth is not good at all if you ask me.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Don’t mind me, with all this talk of “green weenies” and “ditch pickles”, I’m just patiently waiting for words like “bruh”, “bro”, “dude”,”fattie”, “monster”, “freakin’ giant”, “big’un” and when all else fails, who’s college fraternity was best...................................................

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Don’t mind me, with all this talk of “green weenies” and “ditch pickles”, I’m just patiently waiting for words like “bruh”, “bro”, “dude”,”fattie”, “monster”, “freakin’ giant”, “big’un” and when all else fails, who’s college fraternity was best...................................................

????

“J”

Twelve Pointer
Come now..150 smallies 3 to 5 pounds? NC has big smallies too, in fact, our record is bigger than Michigan's. Bamas pull hard true, but a two pounder in no way stronger than a five pound largemouth. I have caught Bamas (they are no longer called spots) and while pound for pound they fight better, the difference is not that large.
Agreed too a point, but the # of 2lb fish probably outnumber the 5lb fish.

Eddieb

Button Buck
Welcome , plan on fishing the Piedmont , Jordan, Falls, Shearon Harris reservoirs ... where the big ones live :)
I’m looking for a co angler who wants to fish Jordan and Sharon Harris mainly. I love at Ft. Bragg which is only 30 minutes away from Sharon Harris. You interested in fishing, I always got a back set available. Reach me on here or at eb_lawncare@yahoo.com