New additions

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was at work this morning and came back home to find out that our female had given birth earlier than expected(by about a week).

My wife and boys did a great job of gathering the pups out of the cold, and from accidentally being squished by the 1st time mama.

Here are the 7 that made it.

Attachments

• 20210403_125920.jpg
    20210403_125920.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 143

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They made the big move this weekend. Out with Mom and Pop, now.

They're still a little small, and have proven that they can climb through the woven wire when they're in with the goats(though they usually just lay down and watch the kids, or play with each other.) They stay in the kennel when unsupervised.

They've learned a little since they've been out. It's neat watching them.

Dad, inspecting the tarp job.

Attachments

• 20210524_183808.jpg
    20210524_183808.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210524_184528.jpg
    20210524_184528.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 25

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They've started going to they're new homes.

This little guy left this evening. He's going to be a house/homestead dog.

Hard to believe, in 2 days they'll be 10 weeks old. All the credit goes to my wife. The day they were born, we lost a few. Her and my boys spent hours warming up the survivors, a couple of those knocking on death's doorstep.

The 7 that lived, are as happy and healthy as any pup I've seen.

20210610_214504.jpg

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor

Hard to believe, in 2 days they'll be 10 weeks old. All the credit goes to my wife. The day they were born, we lost a few. Her and my boys spent hours warming up the survivors, a couple of those knocking on death's doorstep.

View attachment 67944
I would have had 9 dogs. No way I could send that down the road. Absolutely beautiful pups.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I would have had 9 dogs. No way I could send that down the road. Absolutely beautiful pups.

It's very hard to let them go. They're all so beautiful, and full of life. Bandit plays with them all the time. He'll walk through the group of them, slap each one and roll them over, then he'll lay down and let them think they're taking him down.

dlbaile

Ten Pointer

View attachment 67944
You won't be able to tell him anything in about 10 weeks ruling his own roost at that homestead. some great looking pups .

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
20210714_171238.jpg20210714_182119.jpg20210714_184558.jpg20210714_184903.jpg

She began giving birth as I pulled up the driveway.

Wife helped her deliver the second. She came out backwards.

We had to bring the second one in the house, breathing issues and low body temp.

We had to sling her to get the mucus out of her lungs, and put her in towels and a towel "tent" with a hair dryer to get her temp up.

She's back in the barn with her brother and mama, now. A little syrup water(thanks to a friend for the tip) helped give her the energy to get up and start nursing.

Hank, was on guard when she was in the house.