New 45/70 ammo

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
That’s a real thing.
I think Marlin calls it the “Dark” series or something. It cones factory with a threaded muzzle.
A suppressed .45-70 would sure be a quiet thumper!

My best friend has a custom Ruger M77 in .45 Raptor and he runs a .46 Hybrid suppressor on it. Without the can full power rounds are a fire breathing beast at dawn & dusk. With the can the recoil is like a 20ga and the flash is all gone. It is overkill for deer but a fun combo to hunt with.

<>< Fish

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
A suppressed .45-70 would sure be a quiet thumper!

so back in the day,,,(sensitive folks close your eyes)

the 'smiths made me a modified suppressed M700,,,26" barrel that was basically a total suppressor,,,chambered in .45 ACP,,,action modified to accept M1911 magazines,,,them guys were gifted

although it had some operational use, it never saw "action",,,only ever used it for mod-demos,,,,the standard military 230 grain 5 ACP rounds back then were just subsonic,,,combined with that barrel,,,I could hear the firing pin hitting the primer,,,accurate to 100 yards (never tried it further),,,only used it to kick off the demo event,,,fired over the spectators head and all they saw was the target falling,,,they didn't hear the round at all

big bullets are fun suppressed,,,

Last edited: