New 350 Legend by Winchester

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Nice.
Like a few tics up from a 30 carbine.
Not sure about what the ammo would cost or if it would become a standard....
Would be cool in the AR may look into spec more and see if anyone can get a reamer...
Will be a cross between a 357 mag and max but no rim so work great in bolts or autos.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
With several of the traditionally shotgun only states going to straight cases allowed we will probably see more of this kind of thing in states that still allow those black assault rifles to be used for killing deer.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
With several of the traditionally shotgun only states going to straight cases allowed we will probably see more of this kind of thing in states that still allow those black assault rifles to be used for killing deer.
I be willing to bet the bank that the only reason this round was ever developed was because of the straight walled cartridges/primitive weapons seasons many states are going with.

Sharps40

Twelve Pointer
It sure looks like a fun round to shoot and hunt with... but... The straight walled .460 S&W is faster than this self proclaimed "fastest straight walled cartridge ever"

<>< Fish
Prolly about the same speed. Dont see any ad copy with a velocity but at advertised 1800 fpe with a 150g bullet the math comes out to about 2325 fps. Just cant recall where i saw rhe muzzle energy figure.

Last edited:

Sharps40

Twelve Pointer
Found the data in an outdoor life article. 150g. 1800 fpe at the muzzle. 2325 fps muzzle. So. Same same 30-30 in a 150g load and something less than 35 rem with a 180g bullet.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I'll stick with my 38-55. Sounds like they are just re-inventing the wheel.

My 38-55, 1850 FPS (MV) with a 280 gr GCWFP.