Never hurts to ask

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
I dropped my lease in Granville County this year because we have a newborn baby on the way. I've been trying to find some land to lease close by and can't find anything. I have been harassing everyone I know about some land to hunt on and haven't had any luck. Yesterday I was talking to one of my moms coworkers and she told me I could hunt her land and that it won't cost anything. It's only 12 acres, but it's in a good area next to the Catawba/Burke line and I used to hunt right up the road from there. Now I need to find some bigger tracts. Just goes to show you, it never hurts to ask.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Ive been trying to find something in alexander county but I think its almost impossible. It probably doesn't help that I don't know many people over here.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Ive been trying to find something in alexander county but I think its almost impossible. It probably doesn't help that I don't know many people over here.

I think thats my problem also has some small places to hunt over years but nothing to productive place I had near Millersville now has house sittining on it

Southside

Ten Pointer
I know your looking for private land to manage and hunt but John's River game lands is near you and really a good place to hunt. Never seen it overcrowded. Although I'm sure it can happen.

Last edited:

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
yeah johns river gamelands is a good place to hunt. I put in for permit hunts there every year. i wish i would have gotten drawn for turkey season. I'll be hunting pisgah and a couple permit hunts down east later on in the year. id just like to find some private land closer to the house. im about 50 minutes from three different gamelands

Southside

Ten Pointer
yeah johns river gamelands is a good place to hunt. I put in for permit hunts there every year. i wish i would have gotten drawn for turkey season. I'll be hunting pisgah and a couple permit hunts down east later on in the year. id just like to find some private land closer to the house. im about 50 minutes from three different gamelands

There was a track that Mossy Oak had in Burke Co earlier this year. I was part of a lease for that property 2-3 yrs ago. Not sure if its still up for leaae or not?
Have you checked Wilks Co.? A bit further up the rd but I have seen in the past available land there. Bigger country over there.