Need to buy 5 —3.5 to 5 gallon per flush toilets

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
At our commercial building we need higher water volume toilets to carry waste products 200 ft to city sewer 1.6 gallon flush fine but don’t have enough volume to work proper we have to get lines jetted every couple years which is expensive and nasty..heard you can buy them from Canadian distributors but can’t find where on google too many water police making it difficult to locate

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
At our commercial building we need higher water volume toilets to carry waste products 200 ft to city sewer 1.6 gallon flush fine but don’t have enough volume to work proper we have to get lines jetted every couple years which is expensive and nasty..heard you can buy them from Canadian distributors but can’t find where on google too many water police making it difficult to locate
@dobber you need to take an order list from when you go to the NCHF G2G.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My bet is your line is pretty steep and your liquids are outrunning your solids.

More volume will help, but it likely won’t completely eliminate the issue if that’s the case.

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
40 year old building not too steep on angle does have slight flat spot half way through saw it on scope last visit,,30 people using it and it eventually ends up a slurry of minced toilet paper that a 6 gallon per minute 4000 psi 20000 dollar jet has to remedy,,plumber said 1.6 gallon toilets are good for 30 ft runs and we need bigger water lines for commercial toilets but the 5 gallon toilets that would have been original to the building would have pushed enough water through to keep the lines clear

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If it worked fine before, it is not the toilets. I see alot of issues with lines on older buildings. Transitions from one type of line to another. roots penetrating the line. collapsed lines. lines settling or runover.
Have some customers that flush things that should be put in the trash. rags and paper towels.
Just things I've seen.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
40 year old building not too steep on angle does have slight flat spot half way through saw it on scope last visit,,30 people using it and it eventually ends up a slurry of minced toilet paper that a 6 gallon per minute 4000 psi 20000 dollar jet has to remedy,,plumber said 1.6 gallon toilets are good for 30 ft runs and we need bigger water lines for commercial toilets but the 5 gallon toilets that would have been original to the building would have pushed enough water through to keep the lines clear
Needs a community washing machine. Repair belly or invest in small jetter and make sure all flushable hit file 13.

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
My bet is your line is pretty steep and your liquids are outrunning your solids.

More volume will help, but it likely won’t completely eliminate the issue if that’s the case.
That’s not how it works. it sounds like it doesn’t have the grade to start with. couple that with old cruder up cast iron. Are they tank type or flush valve type toilets?

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That’s not how it works. it sounds like it doesn’t have the grade to start with. couple that with old cruder up cast iron. Are they tank type or flush valve type toilets?
Buddy, I play in sewer lines for a living, I’ve dug up more sewer service lines this month than most folks will see in a lifetime. I can promise you, if your service line is too steep, your liquids will outrun your solids.

70% of the lines I jet, are stopped up because of this.

You certainly have a point with cruddy cast iron lines though.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
we have loved the 4” ones. We have had nothing but issues with the 6” ones.

any chance you can print laminate signs in the potty room that says “flush two maybe three times”
We’ve never had a single issue with any of ours. 4”-12”

To be fair though, we use less 6” than anything else

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We’ve never had a single issue with any of ours. 4”-12”

To be fair though, we use less 6” than anything else
All the larger sizes have double bands on the side where they tighten. 4” and 6” have single bands. The 6” need double bands. They will strip out before they ever get tight.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
All the larger sizes have double bands on the side where they tighten. 4” and 6” have single bands. The 6” need double bands. They will strip out before they ever get tight.
We’ve mostly used the 6” on Terra Cotta and Transite. We’ve been able to get them tight enough on them.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
These are the cat’s ass when it comes to transitions.
They damn sure ain’t cheap, but they work! They cost about $100 a pop, give or take depending on size.

$100? well, that would be a deterrent from use. 😄
we still find some of the old tar coated paper lines between the house and septic tank. I'm alway amazed at how long they last.
There has always been a disconnect between septic guys and plumbing guys when it comes to septic installation. I find most plumbers know nothing about septic systems.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
$100? well, that would be a deterrent from use. 😄
we still find some of the old tar coated paper lines between the house and septic tank. I'm alway amazed at how long they last.
There has always been a disconnect between septic guys and plumbing guys when it comes to septic installation. I find most plumbers know nothing about septic systems.
Oh yeah…. Good old Orangeburg tar pipe…

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Regardless of how you spell it, it’s junk. So is that thin wall terra cotta. Or Transite for that matter….

SDR35 is where it’s at
Orangeburg was used a lot here in the east between the house and septic tank. Mostly in the 60's and early 70's. Seems ridiculous to me to even consider paper pipe, but it lasted a long time. Still amazes me when we come across one.
Shotty work and materials is what makes my business thrive. But if I can not repair it correctly, I will not touch it. Price rules most everything in the east. Hard to sell anything expensive to clients, but we are happy to come back and fix it again...

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Im pretty impressed with orangeburg. There is a lot of it still in service. It was a decent product at the time, but just not ready for a set it and last forever application. A jet will ruin it for good. Im not advocating for it, but most of it has served its purpose. Lifespan.....its really not worse than some of the cast iron. Terracotta gets a bad reputation due to a lot of poor installation. Terracotta installed well is still running like a champ. Plastic and epoxy lined ductile is heads and tails above what they had back then.