Need some help

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
I need to look up a court date and charges for a no good, spotlighting, dumb ass poacher sob. Can somebody send me a link so I can find this information. I ended up losing the best tract of land that I've ever hunted because this low life got busted by the game warden tonight. In the end, I did the right thing. I'd rather lose the land than do nothing or risk getting put in jail. I had a good run. 8 years

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I need to look up a court date and charges for a no good, spotlighting, dumb ass poacher sob. Can somebody send me a link so I can find this information. I ended up losing the best tract of land that I've ever hunted because this low life got busted by the game warden tonight. In the end, I did the right thing. I'd rather lose the land than do nothing or risk getting put in jail. I had a good run. 8 years

How and why did you loose the ability to hunt the property??

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
How and why did you loose the ability to hunt the property??
I don't want to get too specific, but the game wardens knew when, where and how to set up on someone that needed to be busted. This person was the biggest rogue poaching pos that I have ever seen. He would also walk around drunk, hunting out of season. He had never reported one kill in his life. I have caught him on camera and caught him in the act. The landowner wouldn't do anything and this was reoccurring. It was getting dangerous, but I knew my time was probably coming to an end. The rogue was a distant family member and I hope many bad things happen to him in his future.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
County process him? If the county makes it public you can check the jail roster if he can’t make bail. Not sure if it will upload being a weekend but be mindful those that make bail won’t show up on the roster.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
County process him? If the county makes it public you can check the jail roster if he can’t make bail. Not sure if it will upload being a weekend but be mindful those that make bail won’t show up on the roster.
Wildlife got him. At least 3 tickets. I'm not exactly sure what he got charged with. I tried to call the game warden back after he left a message, but I couldn't get him

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Arrests and warrants are generally public info. Try searching the county court that would have jurisdiction.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
@beard&bow link is a good one, I tried it on somebody I know. The quick search you need commas and no spaces between Last,First. The advanced search worked with county and last name but it leaves off the arresting officer and search didn’t show one of the charges. So check through both ways.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
I don't have any specific link, but my wife tracks her high school kids every weekend by going to county specific sites called "who's in jail"

It must be fast because when they screw up on Friday or Saturday, she knows it by Sunday afternoon 😉

And it usually shows court dates if its been scheduled.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
I don't have any specific link, but my wife tracks her high school kids every weekend by going to county specific sites called "who's in jail"

It must be fast because when they screw up on Friday or Saturday, she knows it by Sunday afternoon 😉

I don't think they arrested him, but he did get a boat load of tickets

jcannon

Twelve Pointer

I use the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office app on my phone. I have seen some of my former students on there. It shows the mugshot and everything.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
7A6747F1-34A4-4791-96B8-EAAF1E2B19AE.png
I use the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office app on my phone. I have seen some of my former students on there. It shows the mugshot and everything.

Yep, I just looked there, but it seems that theirs has not updated since 12/3

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
nccourts.gov
Same link beard&bow posted

She uses this too, but Im sure you've checked there. Probably take a few days to hit the system.....

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Hate hear it as hard as it is find place to hunt but sometimes things just suck and its usually idiots that cause the problems

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
It sounds like the landowner is upset you took matters in your own hands on his land? I can kinda see the point if so, but sometimes you gotta do what others won’t. Hate to hear it’s going to cost you the lease, but hopefully good things will come back to you.

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
It sounds like the landowner is upset you took matters in your own hands on his land? I can kinda see the point if so, but sometimes you gotta do what others won’t. Hate to hear it’s going to cost you the lease, but hopefully good things will come back to you.
I tried to go through the land owner multiple times and nothing ever happened. Everything was getting worse. People hunting my stands, spotlighting, 4 wheelers, hunting out of season, drunk, and many, many more things. I knew there would be a good possibility that I would lose this land, but it was worth the risk. I'm over here now, taking down my stands. It was kind of weird when I got up this morning. It's kind of like I feel like I have some relief. Worrying about everything that's been going on has been driving me crazy. The only reason I kept coming back was the hunting was so great and I was trying to help the landowner at every turn. Her sons won't raise and hand to do anything and don't live close to here, but we're quick to call me and tell me that I'm getting kicked out. In the end, it is probably better for all parties involved.