Sticky Need a Tracking Dog 2018: CONTACTS

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Haven't looked into that one, wife may look at me cross-eyed.
so bowhuntingrook,
when are you getting a raven to help in the finding?
In one of those "just when you think you have heard it all" deals I got a pic of a slob from the Midwest that was found with the help of a dog and a raven. That was new ground for me in terms of looking for one.
I think you may as well dive into that as well. :)
Thanks for your stories and I know the 30 hunters you will help are most grateful.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
so bowhuntingrook,
when are you getting a raven to help in the finding?
In one of those "just when you think you have heard it all" deals I got a pic of a slob from the Midwest that was found with the help of a dog and a raven. That was new ground for me in terms of looking for one.
I think you may as well dive into that as well. :)
Thanks for your stories and I know the 30 hunters you will help are most grateful.
I have witnessed that with magpies in Canada while tracking wounded deer. Its amazing to watch how fast they can find one. There was a article in the north American whitetail magazine where David Morris shot a deer and couldn't recover it up there. His guide later spotted a group of magpies. He went in to investigate and those magpies had found David's deer after they had gave up on recovering him.

Another time while I was up there hunting with a friend. My friend had shot a buck. Him and the guide was tracking the deer in the snow. The guide spotted several magpies in a tree at a distance and told my friend his deer was under that tree. They continued tracking to that tree and jumped his buck up from under that tree. They finally got him but it required a back up shot to finish him. Those birds had sensed that blood and was basically flowing that deer.