Need a guide recommendation for Norman

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Need a guide sometime between the the 6th oF March and the 22nd. This would hopefully be for some Alabama Bass probably in Norman. Normally I dont use guides but my son wants to go Spotted bass fishing and my spot(pun intended) has kentucky spots so i figure he may want some bigger ones and I have heard norman is the Place to go. His last day of work is March the 6th then he goes to Boot Camp at Ft Benning then Ranger school.
so it would have to be between those dates.

so I need recommendations on guides and tactics he will be using .

Thanks, Mack

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Google “fishing with Gus” I have no experience with him but have seen him speak at gander mtn in Mooresville a few years ago at a seminar.

no No no.....Gus is all talk. He gets lucky from time to time but anyone that’s on the water does.

i don’t know anyone that I’d recommend that just bass fishes. The spots are usually a biproduct of striper/hybrid fishing. Ty Mathis would’ve been my pick but he mostly fishes TN now. Bo Knows Fishing will put you in the fish, spots included, but it’s still “striper fishing”.

They never got any better for norman other than Ty, little Mo before he died, and Bo. Rest of these guys don’t impress me much for the most part, but again, for the 3728th time, idk about just bass guys.

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Drew Montgomery is the only one that I hear much about that only bass fishes. He used to fish one of the pro tours and now just guides and fishes regional stuff I think. I don't really have any first hand knowledge of what kind of guide he is though. I talked to him at the ramp a couple years ago and he seemed like a nice enough guy.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
got a gentlemen that was in the Army who does work with Warriors on the Water going to take us out on Norman. Just working on the date. Awesome gesture.