Need a black eye to go away quick

C52

Eight Pointer
My daughter has her last dance recitail this weekend, and my wife is all kinds of upset about my black eye I got yesterday. It's swollen and I was thinking about lancing it and letting the blood out. Wore them with pride as a kid, but at 44 I look like a hoodlum walking around with a shiner. Any suggestions on how to make this thing fade as much as possible by Friday.
Edited to say that I got this having fun, not fighting.

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
believe it or not..Preparation H applied several times per day will really help.....just don't let your buddys see you apply it or you're in for something worse than a black eye. Use ice as well for the swelling.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Are you dancing? If not just come up with a "cool story bro" and it will be alright.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Take a strong vaccum and place it just under the opposite eye....turn it on and let it suck/seal to the skin....it will take a few minutes but once it starts to work you will see it......

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Large blacked out sun glasses. Tell folks you are having trouble with light sensitivity.
On a serious note, I have heard that the Prep-H trick works. Good luck.

C52

Eight Pointer
Ok, to answer questions. Took a curveball, I'm not dancing, but will be on stage as a parent of a senior, and Mo, I'm not looking to make the other eye match. As far as the camo, that's an idea, I'll say I'm one of the Robertsons. Will the preparation h take the color out?

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Not sure if preparation h will take the color away but it does wonders for the burning and itch..........;)

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
Leeches work very good.. have it hook on and they will suck that coagulated blood right out!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As long as yu haven't waited a few days since the initial..shall we say..."incident"..and your eye isn't that yellow, brown and purple, then the Prep-H will work to take most of the color away. The swelling will be down enough that your wife should be able to fix you up with some concealer.
My daughter used to model professionally and she used lots of different tricks to reduce swelling and circles under her eyes from late nights and early photo shoots.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Make sure you don't have a retrobulbar hemorrhage and develop compartment syndrome. If it starts to hurt behind the eye see an eye doctor.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
You could try to find one of these....
y2u3asaq.jpg

Or one.of these....
du5ybama.jpg

If you can't find either of those...maybe face paint?
ypunatus.jpg

:)

EGrdneck

Fatback will take care of it. Place a slab over the eye and sleep with it like that.....next morning it will be fine