Need 330 Setters

Philjam

Spike
My 330 setter broke. I need to buy a setter quick. Got a muskrat today and it took wife and I a lot of effort to get it open with a rope (we are old, weak and feeble.) Am 1/2 hour from Chocowinity, near Blounts Creek. Only have 6 traps out but have been catching things. Anyone have an extra set to sell or tell me a store that sells trap supplies I could drive to?

TKL

Four Pointer
My 330 setter broke. I need to buy a setter quick. Got a muskrat today and it took wife and I a lot of effort to get it open with a rope (we are old, weak and feeble.) Am 1/2 hour from Chocowinity, near Blounts Creek. Only have 6 traps out but have been catching things. Anyone have an extra set to sell or tell me a store that sells trap supplies I could drive to?
Agrisupply used to sell them. Might try the one in Greenville.

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
The rope setter works great! Shouldn't be a problem for anyone if you have the right rope. Used it my first few years. You can always make one. A grinder, a drill and a trip to Lowe's will have you in business..

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
The rope setter works great! Shouldn't be a problem for anyone if you have the right rope. .

..AND have taken time to CLOSE the eyes of the springs so rope won't pop thru.

I can mail you a pair from Siler City tomorrow, but you'll have to use the rope until then.

Do you or a friend have Paypal for fast payment.

Philjam

Spike
The rope setter works great! Shouldn't be a problem for anyone if you have the right rope. Used it my first few years. You can always make one. A grinder, a drill and a trip to Lowe's will have you in business..
Yeah, the rope trick works but is more difficult when their is a critter in the trap, and you have no strength and coordination. If Agri-Supply does not have them, I will make from scratch as you suggest. The one handed caulk gun setters work great for this elderly and crippled trapper, but I should have had back-up.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
yes Phil, you were supposed to by the back up pair from me at the convention back in Sept. I guess you dint get the memo.

Philjam

Spike
..AND have taken time to CLOSE the eyes of the springs so rope won't pop thru.

I can mail you a pair from Siler City tomorrow, but you'll have to use the rope until then.

Do you or a friend have Paypal for fast payment.

Thanks John. I will let you know if Agri-Supply doesn't have them . I have PP.