NCWRC special meeting on CWD response plan

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
June 9, 2021 Public Notice Special Special Meeting by Webinar at 9 a.m.
The purpose of the Special Webinar Meeting is to discuss the 2021 revision to the Commission’s Chronic Wasting Disease Response Plan.

Print

Categories: Public Notices

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
well yeah and anyone else that wants deer hunting to "stay the same".
but you know that.

Listening and watching the meeting now, I would say they are.

Hunters in Arkansas blocked a ban on baiting due to CWD. So there is hope for NC :)

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Listening and watching the meeting now, I would say they are.

Hunters in Arkansas blocked a ban on baiting due to CWD. So there is hope for NC :)
Sometimes the people that know the most should be "scared"
taking necessary actions may be exactly what should be done.
Most every hunter I know thinks they are expert bios but alas they are not.
I know some fine deer hunters with some impressive medical resumes who are "scared".
One vows that it has killed humans and he is in a position to have an educated take.
I also know some greedy hunters who would almost rather die from eating a CWD deer than give up baiting.
It's a shame that we'll have to deal with yet another divisive angle to deer hunting.
But I dont see how it's avoided.
Carry on with your agitating- but really this topic will carry itself- you wont have to try hard to stir this pot.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Well the news out of Arkansas and Tennessee isn't good if you think cwd is a "big deal".

. Interesting talks by the invited speakers.

So WRC says today they will propose and enact a rule change to prohibit baiting and feeding within any 5 mile primary surveillance area and 30 mile secondary surveillance area around any CWD positive that occurs. Only if a CWD positive occurs..

Major takeways from WRC response/update- mandatory testing, prohibition of carcass movement and baiting/feeding ban within 5 mile psa and 30 mile ssa.

NC Dept of Ag involved in testing, surveillance and response to CWD.

Last edited: