NCWRC offers marksmanship challenge

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
A frind and I went over to Caswell Wednesday, basically for a recon. We had a lot of questions as to what you could and couldn't do as we had gotten conflicting information from phone contacts. The Caswell range does not have permanent target frames so a wind becomes a real issue. The day we were there the wind actually blew one target stand down, belw the backer off one stand and forced the target to be duct taped to the backer. It is a good idea to get interest in range usage but more thought could have been put into how it was going to work. If it is continued next year, hopefully they will tweak the rules.

Reactions: DRS

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Correct as stated. Supported is defined as "(front bag or tripod)". Trigger hand is the only hand that can contact the firearm. No, you can't use your offhand for support under the stock. Unsupported = both elbows on the bench. No sling.

Reactions: DRS

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Correct as stated. Supported is defined as "(front bag or tripod)". Trigger hand is the only hand that can contact the firearm. No, you can't use your offhand for support under the stock. Unsupported = both elbows on the bench. No sling.

I see. When i saw sitting, i did not understand if it would be from bench or from a seated position on the ground.

Have you seen the target? Like the ones you shoot for 22 or bigger?