NCwildlife GoOutdoors issues.

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
First off, is it feasibly to combine all Go-Outdoors related threads into 1 thread.

Now my issue.
IMO- I guess there are still bugs in this rollover.
( maybe im missing something)
Permits:
-used to be able just look a a permits page to find the Draw date, pretty easy, just a couple clicks.
-Now have to drill down in the app, under apply and select( maybe i just need to get more familiar)
When i look at/ for the permits i applied for, there is a tab, for 2023 season, but mine is only showing what i applied for and/or recieved in 2022...... under the 2023 tab, and the heading is 2023 season.
None that i applied for.
now i do have them in E-mail form. But that doesnt seem to show deadline date.

Any one else experiencing this?

I guess i will have to dig thru every permit category, and put the deadline date on my calender forever, making minor adjustments.

I am going to copy portions of my post and send it to the GoOutdoors team for clarification.

This may have been discussed in depth, copy of paper tags. I dont see, on app, where to print them out.. luckily i did save as pdf, and have found it again. Like to have a paper copy, makes me feel better.
Old ways die hard.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Definitely not user friendly. Took a while , but I think I got all I needed which included HIP cert. Looks like a program written by someone that wants to keep old farts out of the woods.

Even my below middle age butt thought it was ridiculous to navigate the multiple windows just to checkout. Checked more boxes than initialing a mortgage.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
guess I went through all that when I had to learn to use it for other states - seems everywhere I go they are using that app
and military bases are using "iSportsman"

just a thing

plus factor in humans don't do change well

but I thought it was no harder to use than alvin

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
s it feasibly to combine all Go-Outdoors related threads into 1 thread.
ace.jpg

BigBow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had posted awhile back on NCH&F about the problems I had w/ GoOutdoors @ the live toll free # when I ordered a non-resident 3 day fishing license. The attendant entered the wrong fishing dates & put my ethnicity down as black. I would have had a hard time trying to explain that one to the game warden. It took me 2 more phone calls to get everything straightened out.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
First off, is it feasibly to combine all Go-Outdoors related threads into 1 thread.

Now my issue.
IMO- I guess there are still bugs in this rollover.
( maybe im missing something)
Permits:
-used to be able just look a a permits page to find the Draw date, pretty easy, just a couple clicks.
-Now have to drill down in the app, under apply and select( maybe i just need to get more familiar)
When i look at/ for the permits i applied for, there is a tab, for 2023 season, but mine is only showing what i applied for and/or recieved in 2022...... under the 2023 tab, and the heading is 2023 season.
None that i applied for.
now i do have them in E-mail form. But that doesnt seem to show deadline date.

Any one else experiencing this?

I guess i will have to dig thru every permit category, and put the deadline date on my calender forever, making minor adjustments.

I am going to copy portions of my post and send it to the GoOutdoors team for clarification.

This may have been discussed in depth, copy of paper tags. I dont see, on app, where to print them out.. luckily i did save as pdf, and have found it again. Like to have a paper copy, makes me feel better.
Old ways die hard.
Click the year tab and roll up to year 2024 and it will reflect current choices. It is pre set for 2023 for some reason… or last years permit results.

Underhammer

Old Mossy Horns
Is there a way for the app to keep you logged in?

On the home screen, I can pick the My License button and it shows me, and I am default user.

But if I go to hunting tab (the little buck pick at the bottom) and try to buy a license, it says I need to log in.

WTEF?

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Click the year tab and roll up to year 2024 and it will reflect current choices. It is pre set for 2023 for some reason… or last years permit results.
Thanks, i found it, damn, must have slept hard, lost 4 months and didnt even get to hunt fall or winter.🤣.
dang all they have to do is put 2023/24 season and would cover. Thats just missleading and dumb.

Underhammer

Old Mossy Horns
To make sure we are talking about the same thing since some are talking about Firefox, and some are talking about Chrome and some are talking about the App, the former two would be a website and the latter being the "App", which I assume is GoOutdoorsNC version2023.218.1?

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Got my email from the wrc. With all the issues you guys have reported, it makes me leary. But, I gotta renew. So, I guess I'll jump in full force and see how it goes.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Went on their website today. Didnt have any problem getting what i needed. Worse part i saw is where they were trying hit you up for some kind of donation at every click

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Haven't had any issues but I've used the app in other states got license and all extras including several permits hunt applied seemed straight forward only thing is way permits now broken into months in permit booklet did require little more clicking I did prefer other way

Underhammer

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve had zero issues with the app other than typical learning curve/navigation issues.
Does it keep you signed in?

When I open it, it shows me as the primary license (which I guess is a feature for someone that is keeping up with their kids licenses as well? Haven't figured that out yet)

But when I go to purchase a license or get report cards, I have to enter my DOB, Name, and WRC number each time.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Does anyone know if there is a way to upload documents, like taking a photo of hunting permission and uploading it?

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
How can you print tags from your iPhone? I couldn’t figure out how to get my print option to come up. I know it stores it all on the app but I like piece of mind.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Does it keep you signed in?

When I open it, it shows me as the primary license (which I guess is a feature for someone that is keeping up with their kids licenses as well? Haven't figured that out yet)

But when I go to purchase a license or get report cards, I have to enter my DOB, Name, and WRC number each time.
No, it does not keep me signed in. I haven’t figured that part out yet. Or maybe that’s the way it’s supposed to be? 🤷