NCSU Wild Food Supper 2020

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Is the dinner Friday or Saturday? Maybe tombstone is just going a day early to hold table? I've never been to this event and it looks like my Saturday commitment has fallen through so I'm planning on going. But if it is Friday I can't make it.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Sorry Moose, and thanks for the catch. You know us old folks. Can't tell one day from the next as long as the sun comes up. It is Saturday.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Running this up the flagpole one more time to try and get a halfway accurate count on how many seats to try and hold for the dinner this Friday. I haven't heard from anyone new chiming in so it looks to be around 15 total attending from here. Since some said there were some "maybe's" on their list, how about confirming if you are coming with a total seats needed. Sure would be good if just a few of all the members in the Raleigh area would support this. There is always talk about the future of hunting and how important young people are. These are some of the most important young people to the process.

My wife and I will be there along with Mack's buddy Dwayne and I have it on good information that there will be international guests as well.
I will be there for sure. Does this mean your Canadian friends with the fancy rice will be there again? I might bid on that again and go a little bigger this time.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Nope....... Peter won't be there. I have sent him a message asking for a link to the rice and will post whenever I hear back from him. Do you know if any more of your renegade family is going to make it?

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
he has more Canadian friends?

I have a few dobber. I'll expound on that whenever I see you. LOL. Are you familiar with Black Duck wild rice? It is an First Nations guy from somewhere in the outer regions of Toronto, Pigeon Lake I believe, that produces it.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Looking like we will have a good representation Saturday night. Here is who I have so far to try and save space for:
Eric Revo +1
Mack in NC +3
Part-time Hunter +2
Kris B
Moose
dobber +1
lasttombstone +2

Anyone else want to be a part of this esteemed group? It's only $15 and not that far to go. Just ask dobber.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I'm hoping you are saying you thought it was Feb. 15. No, it is this Saturday, Feb. 22. But if you were thinking it was 2 persons for $15, no, it is $15 per ticket.

Now, does this mean you got the date wrong, have already done the family commitment thing and we can expect to see you and the lovely Mrs. Saturday?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

well,,,almost made it,,,Boss Lady's surgery isn't until 9 March (or did she say 8,,,I need to listen better),,,,so thought I would make it,,,

then hunt club Secretary said "meeting this Saturday",,,and since I'm the Prez, I guess I better be there,,,,

double up with I now have a meeting in Alabama the weekend of 28/29 Feb so no DDC for me either,,,,

grumbly grumble,,,

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Man, you sure do have a lot of irons in the fire. It's a wonder your fingers aren't fried trying to keep up with all of them. Priorities do take precident and understood but you will be sorely missed.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well I made a pot of American Chop Suey with moose burger to bring. It's a New England dish some call it goulash but its American Chop Suey. I'm looking forward to seeing folks.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
You got robbed. Only thing better was the persimmon pudding and the muscadine jelly on home made bread. Had a great time and was great to meet Dobber and Stacey. Save travels y'all.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
So can we get an attendance list and foods tried/brought etc? Also what was auctioned off? Thanks!

Hate I missed it!

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I can do part of that. Those in attendance were:
Part-time Hunter and his 2 sons
Dobber and his wife
Moose
Eric Revo and his wife
Kris B
Mack in NC
Myself, my wife and a friend........... sure hope I didn't miss someone of the list but I'm pretty sure that was it.

Overall, as I reported earlier, the attendance was down from the previous years. There were actually empty seats.
The didn't have an auction. I asked the club president about it and she said that they couldn't find an auctioneer that wouldn't charge a fee. I told her to plan on it next year and we would find someone to run the auction as that was a good money maker. There weren't as many items on the silent auction either, however there were some nice items. Someone had donated a Leupold 3x9x50 that I think went for $150.

I couldn't begin to tell you all the dishes that were there. The usual game was represented in venison, squirrel, racoon, beaver, crappie, feral pig, duck, dove and swan poppers, a couple of different venison jerky, bobcat, deer heart kabobs............. with the addition of Moose's moose dish and nutria. The dessert table was varied and all excellent including persimmon pudding and persimmon ice cream.

You were missed. But there is always next year.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Made it home safe and sound, what a good time with good people. I have pictures but will wait till i am work and post them, no sense wasting good home time with that stuff.
poppers of every kind, and i ate each kind - Duck, Goose, Dove, Deer and one that i just had to try crow, yes i said crow
Nutria, deer, bobcat, swan, really enjoyed the raccoon dish, i even had some salad, well i had a leaf on my plate.
Glad we made the trip

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
It was a treat for me that you came down as I have wanted to meet you for a while, just to say I did. To say I was disappointed by your early departure would be an understatement but I did have plenty of sausage and biscuits and sweet rolls with maple syrup and Timmys this morning. Plus, my shop was clean when I went out there this morning.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Made it home safe and sound, what a good time with good people. I have pictures but will wait till i am work and post them, no sense wasting good home time with that stuff.
poppers of every kind, and i ate each kind - Duck, Goose, Dove, Deer and one that i just had to try crow, yes i said crow
Nutria, deer, bobcat, swan, really enjoyed the raccoon dish, i even had some salad, well i had a leaf on my plate.
Glad we made the trip
That leaf probably blew ont your plate when somebody opened the kitchen door.