NCSU Scandal Thread

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well you are wrong. Those fake nonexistent courses are available to everyone at unc cheat. Those courses were valid according to unc cheat and they issued diplomas to athletes and non athletes. If you can fog a mirror, you can pass at unc cheat.
If you only knew how many times a good friend of mine was told to "pass" students that couldn't tie their shoes at ECU in their construction management and computer science program, you may sing a different tune. The schools are there to make money, period. It's a financial institution of higher learning if you so choose to apply yourself to take the education, if you decide not to take that education, they'll just take your money.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
If you only knew how many times a good friend of mine was told to "pass" students that couldn't tie their shoes at ECU in their construction management and computer science program, you may sing a different tune. The schools are there to make money, period. It's a financial institution of higher learning if you so choose to apply yourself to take the education, if you decide not to take that education, they'll just take your money.
"pass" students, or "pass" student athletes?

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
These athletes are not normal students and never will be. For the most part if they couldn’t kick, shoot, throw, or hit a ball they would never sniff the grades or test scores to get into one of these schools. They are just window dressing and have nothing to do with the academics or real student body at any school.
Then why on earth were those fake classes made available to everyone at unc-ch… ? ;)
Don't bother answering. It is obvious. "solely" … that's the ticket …

Moses

Four Pointer
These athletes are not normal students and never will be. For the most part if they couldn’t kick, shoot, throw, or hit a ball they would never sniff the grades or test scores to get into one of these schools. They are just window dressing and have nothing to do with the academics or real student body at any school.
Then why on earth were those fake classes made available to everyone at unc-ch… ? ;)
Because it is a business. The same reason guys can’t go to the NFL strait out of HS. Every program/institution pushes the limits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

double

Twelve Pointer
Because then its not cheating. Now having someone take classes for athletes write papers for them thats cheating. It is a legal way to circumvent the system. To me it took someone pretty smart to figure that out.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Every college has it's own liberal population but UNC is a different beast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
So you've been to College Park? Ann Arbor? Charlottesville? Athens? Austin?

The truth is, they're all the same. It was just in October that a NC State professor made national news for passing out fliers stating that students should block Fox News form their families. In November NCSU stated they were going to roll out a 'Social Justice' degree in 2019 that will focus on 'scholar activism'. Let us also never forget these images and how warmly embraced they were:

1549391300594.png

1549391353927.png

The truth is that whether you agree or not, secondary education today AS A WHOLE has become more progressive. Sure some schools are more so than others but that's a futile argument unless you attend Liberty University.

Last edited:

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Weren't they made available to general students before they were made available to all athletes or does not fit into this logical proposition? :)

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
Have not been a student at either. Visited both saw the same hippie liberal crap in both places same as uncg when I was there same as ecu same as uncw. Liberals run universities. You can put your head in air beat your chest and say my school is different but its not. I have family that went to Uncch that are as conservative as they come and family that went to state that would make Hillary blush. The crazies are in both places. Somehow we have started comparing athletic teams to schools and school cultures and thats not how it works. These athletes are not normal students and never will be. For the most part if they couldn’t kick, shoot, throw, or hit a ball they would never sniff the grades or test scores to get into one of these schools. They are just window dressing and have nothing to do with the academics or real student body at any school.

As stated in my previous post....there are liberals and hippies at all universities and they aren't hard to identify but if you are a country boy like myself go ahead on over to Chapel Hill and see how many friends you find that think like you and are fun to hang out with. Then go to Moo U and see how many you find. There is quite a bit of difference no matter what you say about you family amd friends. I have been there and know.

Plus I was just suggesting that I find it hard to support any university or institution that is as liberal as that place is. Maybe its hard to see for most typical wal-mart nationers because you like to pull for the team that wins a lot and and has pastel blue for their color.

I just see it is you support their team you support their ideologies and views that are predominantly shown and taught their. But pull for who you want to and I will do the same. They still cheated and they just plain got away with it.

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
Every college has it's own liberal population but UNC is a different beast.

So you've been to College Park? Ann Arbor? Charlottesville? Athens? Austin?

The truth is, they're all the same. It was just in October that a NC State professor made national news for passing out fliers stating that students should block Fox News form their families. In November NCSU stated they were going to roll out a 'Social Justice' degree in 2019 that will focus on 'scholar activism'. Let us also never forget these images and how warmly embraced they were:

View attachment 25171

View attachment 25172

The truth is that whether you agree or not, secondary education today AS A WHOLE has become more progressive. Sure some schools are more so than others but that's a futile argument unless you attend Liberty University.
I was mostly talking about UNC vs NCSU on the whole liberal debate as UNC is much more progressive and liberal than NCSU. I am quite sure the others you listed are liberal as well and I wouldn't support them either.

As for the other liberal topics you mentioned I can go find quite a few more than that for UNC for the last year if may. Maybe you should look for yourself and it will prove my point.

Love the Obama pics as well. Never knew he ever went there. My friends and I must have been busy doing work to obtain our degrees.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Weren't they made available to general students before they were made available to all athletes or does not fit into this logical proposition? :)

The first of the fake classes scam was all basketball athletes dating back to Mr. Dean Smyth himself. It wasn't until Auburn got exposed until unc cheat started allowing a select few regular students in on the scam for cover. That's why the sections were so small when Debbie Crowder added the sections. She even stated in her emails that she needed a few more regular students to sign up before she could sign up athletes. I suppose it is legit to call students whom are athletic trainers, film crew, equipment crew, and athletics student faculty regulars students don't you? It keeps things nice and tidy, and in the family like they so famously like to do over there.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
The first of the fake classes scam was all basketball athletes dating back to Mr. Dean Smyth himself.
Is that so? 6 out of the first 9 semesters after the courses were offered enrolled ZERO athletes. Hmmmm............

1549397252399.png

In that same time, only 3 out of the first 9 didn't enroll regular students:

1549397420724.png

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Because then its not cheating. Now having someone take classes for athletes write papers for them thats cheating. It is a legal way to circumvent the system. To me it took someone pretty smart to figure that out.
Yep .. "solely" was the key between moral and legal.

No, not really. It took somebody with a tremendous amount of chutzpah. It was so outrageous that nobody could believe they actually went and did it.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
"Attendance" (ahem .. enrollment) of those classes was roughly 50/50 between athletes and non-athletes, right? What % of the student body is made up of athletes in sports "that matter" (revenue or 'popular', like soccer or lacrosse) to the "glory and honor" of the school?

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Students, of any background.
ECU enrollment has been increasing on a fairly consistent basis for decades. They aren't exactly having trouble getting applicants, mainly because most people can get in. Makes no sense to "pass" people just for the money. That's ridiculous. Freshmen are required to live ON CAMPUS. So IF ECU was in it for money, they would aggressively pursue larger incoming freshmen classes. Which is exactly what they do.

My experience at ECU has more stories of guys and girls flunking out. I don't recall a single person talking about being given any grade. There is no incentive for that, and nobody on campus pressuring professors to pass regular students. College professors don't coddle. Most of them are tenured and don't give a shit if you get it or not.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
"Attendance" (ahem .. enrollment) of those classes was roughly 50/50 between athletes and non-athletes, right? What % of the student body is made up of athletes in sports "that matter" (revenue or 'popular', like soccer or lacrosse) to the "glory and honor" of the school?
Athletes represent 3% of student population at cheatum hole...

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Is that so? 6 out of the first 9 semesters after the courses were offered enrolled ZERO athletes. Hmmmm............

View attachment 25179

In that same time, only 3 out of the first 9 didn't enroll regular students:

View attachment 25180

How many of those students were all your glory day heroes finishing their degrees while playing professional basketball to help out that 98.9% graduation rate AND those 1000 APR scores?

AND then there is that 3% of the student population are athletes thing to consider as well.... And the athletic trainers, film guys, "director of moral"douche bag types in there as "regular students". LOL

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
How many of those students were all your glory day heroes finishing their degrees while playing professional basketball to help out that 98.9% graduation rate AND those 1000 APR scores?

AND then there is that 3% of the student population are athletes thing to consider as well.... And the athletic trainers, film guys, "director of moral"douche bag types in there as "regular students". LOL
You tell me...... It's your accusation. LOL!

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
For those reading here, that maybe never went to college or did, but never took an independent study...

Independent studies are reserved for the most exceptional students that are normally in graduate school and are able to work independently, without the course being offered in the syllabus. Normally, professors are allowed to have 2-3 independent study students per semester max.

With that said, the fake class enrollments have been reported as 50/50 for students and athletes. Student athletes make up 3-4% of the student population.

It has been stated that the majority of these independent studies athlete enrollments were from revenue sports, ie men’s basketball and football.

I think it is a relatively safe assumption that the vast majority of revenue sports athletes are less than average students that wouldn’t possibly qualify for an independent study as an undergrad, but they did with incredible frequency at cheatum hole.

Last edited:

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My man MJ took 3 semesters worth of anal geometry.... maybe ya'll could ask him how to fix your butthurt....
And now it appears that, even after all these years, that butthurt has become a permanent affliction for those who have it and a source of amusement for those of us who like to watch them piss & moan!!

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
ECU enrollment has been increasing on a fairly consistent basis for decades. They aren't exactly having trouble getting applicants, mainly because most people can get in. Makes no sense to "pass" people just for the money. That's ridiculous. Freshmen are required to live ON CAMPUS. So IF ECU was in it for money, they would aggressively pursue larger incoming freshmen classes. Which is exactly what they do.

My experience at ECU has more stories of guys and girls flunking out. I don't recall a single person talking about being given any grade. There is no incentive for that, and nobody on campus pressuring professors to pass regular students. College professors don't coddle. Most of them are tenured and don't give a shit if you get it or not.
I’m just telling you from personal experience with two different good friends who taught classes or their parents did. I firmly believe it’s a good school who has a lot of opportunity for those who wish to push themselves, I feel the same for almost any college in NC, but the hand outs are there in any of those schools if you look for them.

double

Twelve Pointer
I think I may have been mistaken for a UNC fan. I am not. Wife went there inlaws went there I am a USC fan. I just have chosen to not like state because of all the moral high ground we don’t act like that crap their fans have talked over the years. Like call unc the cheats when state has coaches and students named in a federal indictment for paying players. Come on guys its sports everyone is cheating. Unc just has the law school to get away with it.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
For those reading here, that maybe never went to college or did, but never took an independent study...

Independent studies are reserved for the most exceptional students that are normally in graduate school and are able to work independently, without the course being offered in the syllabus. Normally, professors are allowed to have 2-3 independent study students per semester max.

With that said, the fake class enrollments have been reported as 50/50 for students and athletes. Student athletes make up 3-4% of the student population.

It has been stated that the majority of these independent studies athlete enrollments were from revenue sports, ie men’s basketball and football.

I think it is a relatively safe assumption that the vast majority of revenue sports athletes are less than average students that wouldn’t possibly qualify for an independent study as an undergrad, but they did with incredible frequency at cheatum hole.
Lol, like I have said in the past. You will be on your death bed and your last words will be "but, they cheated," funny stuff. Get a life or heck d ont. It's funny to see someone so obsessed.