NCSU Scandal Thread

So state doesn't have a cheating problem? I bet no one will answer this honestly. Focus guys, thus is a ncsu thread
No, NCSU doesn’t have a cheating problem. A few students may cheat, but the institution (NCSU) does not have a cheating problem.

unc, on the other hand, has a cheating problem. The institution engineered academic fraud programs for its win-at-all-cost athletic programs, at the expense of educating its afleetz...more so, they intentionally cheated through an afam dept that they created thinking that afam is politically off limits (irony: silent Sam...have your cake and “cheat” it, too).

So yes, students at both schools may cheat. NCSU does not have a cheating problem. unc does have a cheating problem.

For the record: neither mack or alt ever cheated on an exam at unc🙂

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
unc, on the other hand, has a cheating problem. The institution engineered academic fraud programs for its win-at-all-cost athletic programs, at the expense of educating its afleetz...more so, they intentionally cheated through an afam dept that they created thinking that afam is politically off limits
You should write fairy tales and sci-fi novels. Seems to be your niche.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Why is this so hard for people to understand?
Sorry Mako, but fluff piece articles and 2 highlighted sentences, over simplifies the issue. If it were that simple, UNC would have been handed a Louisville punishment.

The issue here is that people can't seem to understand that if you don't break the NCAA's bylaws, you can't be punished and if the NCAA specifically writes a provision in a bylaw, then that isn't considered a loophole, and that if you can't prove that these courses were not established by, solely for the benefit of or at the direction of the athletic department, then you simply can't imply that UNC 'cheated'.

on the flip side of the eternally apparently complex unc situation there lies the very simple thread here related to state.
they paid players. Does that matter?
or shall we give them a pass because unc is "worse" LMAO

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
No, NCSU doesn’t have a cheating problem. A few students may cheat, but the institution (NCSU) does not have a cheating problem🙂
LOL, 16 percent cheat at ncsu in engineering and thats the LOW end. 16 percent is waaaaaay high if you ask me but heck what do I know.

at least UNC has not paid players. It is going to be a fun day when thor comes at ncsu. Smith, 7 and who knows how many others. I told yall many moons ago that your last coach was a bad apple and yall kept defending him. You new coach has skeletons in his closet as well. This is going to be fun.

23mako

Six Pointer
LOL, 16 percent cheat at ncsu in engineering and thats the LOW end. 16 percent is waaaaaay high if you ask me but heck what do I know.

at least UNC has not paid players. It is going to be a fun day when thor comes at ncsu. Smith, 7 and who knows how many others. I told yall many moons ago that your last coach was a bad apple and yall kept defending him. You new coach has skeletons in his closet as well. This is going to be fun.
I still haven't seen proof of the 16 percent figure...can we see this?

23mako

Six Pointer
Sorry Mako, but fluff piece articles and 2 highlighted sentences, over simplifies the issue. If it were that simple, UNC would have been handed a Louisville punishment.

The issue here is that people can't seem to understand that if you don't break the NCAA's bylaws, you can't be punished and if the NCAA specifically writes a provision in a bylaw, then that isn't considered a loophole, and that if you can't prove that these courses were not established by, solely for the benefit of or at the direction of the athletic department, then you simply can't imply that UNC 'cheated'.
I completely understand why UNC wasn't sanctioned by the NCAA. Not gonna argue that point. But UNC, for whatever reason, created a sham academic program, which benefited a lot of athletes AND regular students. They were sanctioned by an accrediting agency for it. I think that reflects poorly on the university as a whole.

I prefer 1013. You know the date when our ramblings sent you packing with your tail tucked. :ROFLMAO:
??? Our high schools are in different conferences? I don’t follow.

And before your Shepard comes in to rescue his lil sheep, we didn’t play elon

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I still haven't seen proof of the 16 percent figure...can we see this?
Ok, per some the dumbest guy on the forum found it for you. Not going to post the whole thing which I have done in the past but here is part of it

Richard M. Felder North Carolina State University
A: Will there be cheating in the course I’m about to teach? B: It depends. Will there be more than five students in the class? A: Yes. B: Then, yes

This is from a State Professor. He believes(from stats and experience) that that 1 out of every 6 cheats. they have stats on it but you will have to find them.
Also , the first time they are caught at state it is just a verbal warning! and a pledge not to do it again. lol, like that is going to work.

It is actually way worse in some instances like homework etc... one had 75 percent cheating.

Last edited:

23mako

Six Pointer
Ok, per some the dumbest guy on the forum found it for you. Not going to post the whole thing which I have done in the past but here is part of it

Richard M. Felder North Carolina State University
A: Will there be cheating in the course I’m about to teach? B: It depends. Will there be more than five students in the class? A: Yes. B: Then, yes

This is from a State Professor. He believes(from stats and experience) that that 1 out of every 6 cheats. they have stats on it but you will have to find them.
Also , the first time they are caught at state it is just a verbal warning! and a pledge not to do it again. lol, like that is going to work.

It is actually way worse in some instances like homework etc... one had 75 percent cheating.
Yes I posted this in the reply earlier: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/290031710_How_to_stop_cheating_or_at_least_slow_it_down

So in his response there he is saying 1 out of every 6 in a class cheats? Hmm....what if there are 100 people in the class? Is 100 more than 5? Your conclusion that you draw from that information is severely flawed. He is simply stating that if it is a larger class size, the instances of cheating will likely be higher.

And again, the other stats you are referencing are from a completely different study that had nothing to do with NCSU students. See my prior post.

Keep grasping.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Yes I posted this in the reply earlier: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/290031710_How_to_stop_cheating_or_at_least_slow_it_down

So in his response there he is saying 1 out of every 6 in a class cheats? Hmm....what if there are 100 people in the class? Is 100 more than 5? Your conclusion that you draw from that information is severely flawed. He is simply stating that if it is a larger class size, the instances of cheating will likely be higher.

And again, the other stats you are referencing are from a completely different study that had nothing to do with NCSU students. See my prior post.

Keep grasping.
you still didn't read every thing out there. I am not going to drag this out but you can find it if you look. yes some classes may be lower but lots were higher. you have to dig.

so, you think it is ok if a state student admits to cheating then they only receive a verbal warning? ah, nevermind don't answer that as I know the answer.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
A verbal warning for cheating is not the policy at NCSU.

https://studentconduct.dasa.ncsu.ed...nt/report-of-an-academic-integrity-violation/

And the burden of proof is on you to find your supporting docs for your claims.
Dude, you're talking to a 142 and Alt.

You've provided the SACS findings which clearly show unc, the athletic department, athletes, regular students all cheated for 20 years.

It doesn't get much clearer than that.

Its checkmate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I completely understand why UNC wasn't sanctioned by the NCAA. Not gonna argue that point. But UNC, for whatever reason, created a sham academic program, which benefited a lot of athletes AND regular students. They were sanctioned by an accrediting agency for it. I think that reflects poorly on the university as a whole.
These UNC homers that post here could give a rip about any grade, course, academic rigor, academic policies, academic integrity, and anything else to do with academics.

Just win baby!

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Why are we taking about a 2 year removed scandal and academics, when there's still so much to discuss about what happened in Paid-N-Cash arena?

These UNC homers that post here could give a rip about any grade, course, academic rigor, academic policies, academic integrity, and anything else to do with academics.

Just win baby!
Best of all, neither 142 or 42 went to unc, but they’ll defend the cheating to the grave...