NCSU Scandal Thread

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
I sure hope these lawyers take care of state as well as they did unc.
postseason bans are the last thing state needs now.
Don't have the slightest idea on how this will go. It is interesting that they hired the UNC law firm though.

Obviously they will vacate all the wins from DSJ year because he will be deemed ineligible with the impermissible benefits of the tickets deal.

After that, I'm not sure as far as the program is concerned.

Whats interesting is the lady that was in charge of compliance who should of caught the ticket fiasco is a Duke and Chapel Hill alum who worked at NC State for 8 years before going back to her Alma Mater (Duke) this past January.

Things that make you go hmmmmm

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Nope. How about justice? If they did wrong, they need to get what they deserve.
North Carolina .. the state of cheating public universities … just great.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
So let me get this straight.

You're mad because they hired the same law firm as UNC did that spent millions upon millions to fight something as well.

You're a special one.
No, I am showing you how silly you have been. Casting stones and your athletic department was cheating.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Let's be serious. State was going to win nothing of importance so a couple of post season bans probably will not matter. Recruiting is where the hurt is going to be.

country

Eight Pointer
Let's be serious. State was going to win nothing of importance so a couple of post season bans probably will not matter. Recruiting is where the hurt is going to be.

State was restoring some level of respectability to the program. They were being competitive again. Not to level of duke UNC or Virginia but good enough to be in ncaa tournament consistently.

Sanctions will more than likely put them back in mediocre status...

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Just stop. no one in their right mind can complain about any UNC athletes IQ when you had Chris Washburn. That right there means you can never ever talk about a borderline admission.

Chris Washburn makes Hansbrough look like a Brain Surgeon . and by the Way hansbrough is the best player ever to come out of the ACC statistically. ACC career leader in FG's (104 more than Lattner) 927 FG NCAA record Free Throw attempts NCAA record holder, 30 awards . Funny yall make fun on Hansbrough but he was the best the ACC has ever seen statistically. you cannot debate that, Washburn won 0 and used to bum money on the streets of Atlanta .

yall keep casting those stones cause it makes yall look very very foolish.

Last edited:

country

Eight Pointer
Hansbrough is not even best player to come out of UNC much less the ACC.

Couple of noteworthy ones I had pleasure to watch play were Len Bias and Ralph Sampson. Sampson was 3 time college player of the year...

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Hansbrough is not even best player to come out of UNC much less the ACC.

Couple of noteworthy ones I had pleasure to watch play were Len Bias and Ralph Sampson. Sampson was 3 time college player of the year...
DT was probably the best ever.

Hansbrough wouldn't even be in my top 5.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
but, lets get back to this scandal thing........ state is in big trouble. I dont even know if UNC's lawyers can get them out of this. Remember UNC athletics broke zero rules. state has broken numerous. Fun times in NC

country

Eight Pointer
Hansbrough has more Acc records than DT, Len Bis or Ralph sampson. not even close on who produced the most.
Not sure # of acc records is fair representation. It doesn't take into account major differences in the game like impact of shot clock, three point line, etc.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Not sure # of acc records is fair representation. It doesn't take into account major differences in the game like impact of shot clock, three point line, etc.
Shhhh... let him keep yapping.

Hansbrough couldn't hold DT's jock strap.

DT only played 3 years of varsity ball too.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns

but, lets get back to this scandal thing........ state is in big trouble. I dont even know if UNC's lawyers can get them out of this. Remember UNC athletics broke zero rules. state has broken numerous. Fun times in NC
Mack, what are you smoking? Even the greatest guys in the nba give the nod to David Thompson. I’ve never heard anyone that was alive then that doesn’t say he was one of the best ever. I assumed this was a given.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Mack, what are you smoking? Even the greatest guys in the nba give the nod to David Thompson. I’ve never heard anyone that was alive then that doesn’t say he was one of the best ever. I assumed this was a given.
Most players and sports writers give the nod to Jordan. Jordan did say once that Dt was better then him but that is just him being humble. Dt did nothing in the NBA after his first 4 years.

and for everyone who cant read, I said "he was the best player to come out of the acc statistically"

that quote you can not argue with. if you do you surely have not looked at his points, rebounds, three throws, wins, awards, and championships. no one has better stats. plain and simple.

is he a better player than Jordan or Worthy. No. but statistically he was the best and yall can not argue it.

The stats do not lie. He has the best stats the acc has ever seen. if you argue he doesnt then you would argue that 100 is not greater than 99.

Last edited:

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
he played down low 99 percent of the time. he could of scored the most points in the acc in the 60's 70' 80's. 90, or any decade.

Last edited:

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns

lmao ,,,,,,,,,least Hansbrough wasnt a druggie. stats dont lie. I said he was the best to come out of the acc statistically. most points , most three throws and lots of other records. realistically DT in the pros was one of the biggest failures of all time.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
oh I forgot ..DT was better than anyone at snorting.
Dude, just stop. You're the board idiot and it's only confirmed by stupid crap like this.

I could say Lawrence Taylor was better than DT at snorting. DT turned his life around. LT is still a piece of garbage.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
lmao ,,,,,,,,,least Hansbrough wasnt a druggie. stats dont lie. I said he was the best to come out of the acc statistically. most points , most three throws and lots of other records. realistically DT in the pros was one of the biggest failures of all time.
Not even close.

But don't care to prove you wrong, which yet again, you are.

country

Eight Pointer
If you are talking about pro careers what are your thoughts on Tim Duncan or Michael Jordan versus Hansbrough?

In my opinion both were better than him at both levels.

Last edited: