NCSU Scandal Thread

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
It was a Luke DeCock opinion piece and if that was the standard set by the NCAA like he so claims, why did UNC football get scholarships and bowls withheld 2 coaches removed from Butch Davis? Luke as are BBD are grasping at straws. The program will be hit because after all, DSJ (family) accepted to cash to put on the uniform. That part isn't excluded in all of this. Neither is the fact that the associate AD admitted that the athletic department allowed Early to investigate the issue at hand.

It's a nice dream on DeCock's part but the News and Obscurer was completely wrong on the NCAA's intentions in going after UNC and they'll be completely wrong here in trying to protect NCSU.
You really want to compare what Butch Davis and his staff of clowns were doing to a single player with State?

I don't really think you do.

Unc had multiple players getting paid, taking lavish trips to Miami, drinking $1000 bottles of champagne. Unc had a registered sports agent on staff, unc had a known cheater in Black Santa on the staff, unc football players had $1000's of past due parking tickets paid by anonymous people, unc football played multiple players who were ineligible. Unc football had lots of players using AFAM to stay eligible..... and I could go on.

Unc football cheated in every way imaginable.

Right now, it's a Gott and Early issue.

Two completely different situations.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
You really want to compare what Butch Davis and his staff of clowns were doing to a single player with State?

Unc had multiple players getting paid, taking lavish trips to Miami, drinking $1000 bottles of champagne. Unc had a registered sports agent on staff, unc had a known cheater in Black Santa on the staff, unc football players had $1000's of past due parking tickets paid by anonymous people, unc football played multiple players who were ineligible. Unc football had lots of players using AFAM to stay eligible..... and I could go on.

You're not this dense.

First off, you're mentioning things that UNC didn't even get hit for. We're not talking about your belief in what UNC did wrong, we're talking about the facts and the standard that the NCAA set in regards to how they'll approach NCSU. AFAM had ZILCH to do with why UNC football got hit. 2nd, $1,000 bottles of champagne still did not total the $73,000 in cash paid to DSJ. Black Santa? Sports agent? How exactly do you classify Early and TJ Gassnola?

You're making a fool of yourself by trying to dismiss the fact that DSJ and his family ACCEPTED the impermissible benefits from the agent to play (i.e. Champagne). This WILL NOT be a coaches issue only. Will not happen.

Last edited:

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
UNC football: Coach funneled impermissible benefits from an agent to player. Coaches and program got hit.
NCSU basketball: Coach funneled impermissible benefits from an agent to player. Result: TBT.

Yea, 2 completely different situataions.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Let's not forget that outside of Jennifer Wiley, the NCAA did go after the coaches in their NOA. Lol, this isn't much different than those alleged at NCSU........ at all!

It is alleged that from 2007 to 2010, then [North Carolina] assistant football coach John Blake partnered with Gary Wichard, National Football League Players Association certified agent, and Pro Tect Management to represent individuals in the marketing of their athletic abilities in violation of NCAA legislation. Specifically, Blake was employed and compensated by Pro Tect Management to influence football student-athletes to hire Wichard to represent them in marketing their athletic abilities and reputations.-- NCAA Notice of Allegations, 2011

NC State:

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Let's also revisit why the NCAA so harshly punished UNC, 3 of the 4 which also involve issues at NCSU:

Impermissible agent benefits? Check.
Ineligible player (DSJ)? Check.
Failure to monitor? Double check.

The only difference is that NCSU does not have a Jennifer Wiley however Butch Davis wasn't implicated by the NCAA either.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Are you really so blind that you think that 1 payment to your boy is all Gotfired did wrong? I told you he was crooked and I would bet you that more infractions are out there. Don't be so naive. If you don't know what naive means Google is your friend.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I'm glad they're horrible at cheating.

Being good at cheating is nothing to be proud of unless you're an illusionist because that's what it's all about and everyone knows and expects it and loves trying to figure it out.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
It all boils down to Debbie Yow making a terrible hire. I told y'all it was terrible with all the crap he did at Bama. You can thank Debbie for this mess.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I'm glad they're horrible at cheating.

Being good at cheating is nothing to be proud of.
Are we really about to create a moral partitions where we grade cheating as defined by success or lack thereof? We've come along ways from the 'dEy aLL bE dOiN iT'. :)

Rubline

Eight Pointer
They're ALL cheating trying to catch up with DUKE and they're getting left in the dust!!
Football, Basketball, Baseball, Badminton, Chess, you name it, Duke is winning without cheating.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Are we really about to create a moral partitions where we grade cheating as defined by success or lack thereof? We've come along ways from the 'dEy aLL bE dOiN iT'. :)
Not at all. Your lack of understanding of what I believe and what I am saying is clear. I still don't believe the bankrupt justification of, "dEy bE dOOin' iT toO!" or that "dEy aLL bE dOiN iT". :D

I am against cheating. I'm glad when somebody is not good at it, because then they get caught and punished. And I get frustrated when somebody is "good at it" because then they get away with it.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I still don't believe the bankrupt justification of, "dEy bE dOOin' iT toO!" or that "dEy aLL bE dOiN iT".
And we don't believe in selective outrage when everyone else knows that everyone else is doing it. Don't throw stones when your own coach is funneling $45,000 to his players. That seems fair. :)

I'm glad when somebody is not good at it, because then they get caught and punished. And I get frustrated when somebody is "good at it" because then they get away with it.
How do you differentiate between those who are 'good at it' and those who aren't cheating at all? Or do you just get to choose?

I think we're finally coming full circle here in 2019 where those who threw so many stones are now at the forefront of the largest pay for play scandal in history, and those who turned a blind eye to what was happening, now have to admit their hypocrisy. :)

Rubline

Eight Pointer
They're ALL cheating trying to catch up with DUKE and they're getting left in the dust!!
Football, Basketball, Baseball, Badminton, Chess, you name it, Duke is winning without cheating.
No allegations, accusations or investigations.
519 Academic All Americans at Duke, no other ACC school is even close to that number!
Some schools have no show classes and still can't get close to that number.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
There is none so blind …

And we don't believe in selective outrage when everyone else knows that everyone else is doing it. Don't throw stones when your own coach is funneling $45,000 to his players. That seems fair. :)
No selective outrage on my part. I said "Get 'em". And .. NOT "my" coach. Even if it were so, I don't give a rip WHO they are.

"... when everyone else knows that everyone else is doing it." HOW do you KNOW EVERYONE is dooooin' it unless you actually catch them? Or do you just get to make that blanket assumption?

How do you differentiate between those who are 'good at it' and those who aren't cheating at all? Or do you just get to choose?
No brainer. It happens when they get caught. When they get caught, "Get 'em".

I think we're finally coming full circle here in 2019 where those who threw so many stones are now at the forefront of the largest pay for play scandal in history, and those who turned a blind eye to what was happening, now have to admit their hypocrisy. :)
That's on them. I've been saying, "Get 'em".

country

Eight Pointer
We all know zion's parents paid for their tickets to attend all those games. Wink, wink...

country

Eight Pointer
So the number of tickets they are claiming for DSJ are they in addition to the 6 free ones per game?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
So will State not be eligible to play in the NIT for like 5 years or what?
I mean seriously, if they get punished hard it really isnt going to hurt them. They havn't won a major Championship in what ? 25 years ? . it is just going to be the same for them. Except we get to give them payback for "Thor is Coming"

Karma.