NCSU Scandal Thread

n.d.woods

Eight Pointer
I just find it hillarious that while one school basked and slung mud all over one school who had been cheating, they in fact were cheating themselves. You give em easy classes, we will give em money. You know people there's life lessons to be learned here. Something about specs and planks. Both were wrong, neither want any consequences, neither will probably man up and tell the truth, and then we look around and wonder why we are in the shape we are in.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
I just find it hillarious that while one school basked and slung mud all over one school who had been cheating, they in fact were cheating themselves. You give em easy classes, we will give em money. You know people there's life lessons to be learned here. Something about specs and planks. Both were wrong, neither want any consequences, neither will probably man up and tell the truth, and then we look around and wonder why we are in the shape we are in.
I'm betting cheat u was also paying recruits, too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rubline

Eight Pointer
2 biggest differences in the unc cheat scandal and the Moo U scandal.
#1. The Feds aren’t going to take the “it was a typo” up the azz and go home.
#2. Moo U isn’t investigating themselves.

Moo U is probably screwed at this point.
You are right!!!
The Fed's won't be losing any money in this investigation, they're not worried about a member school losing scholarships and banners, they
will clean the crooked schools up.
They will make the NCAA look like hall monitors at an elementary school.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
2 biggest differences in the unc cheat scandal and the Moo U scandal.
#1. The Feds aren’t going to take the “it was a typo” up the azz and go home.
#2. Moo U isn’t investigating themselves.

Moo U is probably screwed at this point.
I'll definitely admit that this was a lot more fun when it was UNC, but IMO, the BIGGEST difference in the two scandals is that in the end, one team was trying to pay the family of a recruit to improve their athletic program. The other team was willing to completely throw away the ACADEMIC integrity of their illustrious university for the sake of a win. At the end of the day, if State never plays another basketball game, my degree doesn't feel dirty. I'm not sure I could say the same if I had it framed in baby blue.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
At this point of what is known or alleged, we only know about coaches, runners and players involvement in cash payments.

IF it gets into the dean, chancellor, athletics director, department heads, secretaries, district attorney, judges, tutors, professors of integrity and other men and women’s teams being thrown under the bus to protect basketball, then you know you have a system that would make Al Capone, and El Chapo pay attention. Thats some very high level coordinated cheating.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I'm betting cheat u was also paying recruits, too.

You're always betting something that you have absolutely ZERO proof. There's always a hypothetical something that UNC is doing to justify the mud NCSU is currently in. :ROFLMAO:

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
You're always betting something that you have absolutely ZERO proof. There's always a hypothetical something that UNC is doing to justify the mud NCSU is currently in.
What proof do you have with State?

Proof isn't thinking someone did something illegal.

So far, nothing has surfaced that gives actual proof or evidence, but that hasn't stopped you from making a GIANT leap to already convicting State.

Lol!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i find it equally hilarious that state diehards can accept that their current coach is clean after being at the feet of pitino in the height of their payola and sex scandal.
oh wait that's right KK told debbie he knew nothing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Boo isnt so naive.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
i find it equally hilarious that state diehards can accept that their current coach is clean after being at the feet of pitino in the height of their payola and sex scandal.
oh wait that's right KK told debbie he knew nothing.
Boo isnt so naive.
Do you assume everyone is guilty by association? That's a helluva way to look at things. But to each his own.

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
oh wait that's right KK told debbie he knew nothing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Boo isnt so naive.
KK also told the NCAA that as well when he was interviewed and investigated.

But, to each his own.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
So far, nothing has surfaced that gives actual proof or evidence, but that hasn't stopped you from making a GIANT leap to already convicting State.

Lol!
Sweet mercy. You really are trying to bury your head in the sand and act like nothing has surfaced. Nope, nothing here that sent 3 men to federal prison. Can't be.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Nope, no evidence here guys. Just your run of the mill testimony that resulted in 3 dudes being sent to the federal pen. Obviously, this was only hearsay, am I right?

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Just a little word of advice, this isn't some Wainstein inquiry. This is an FBI investigation. If someone was convicted of funneling money to NCSU in which the feds are now trying to recoup money for, then you can bet your arse that they have wiretaps, bank statements, etc. Orlando Early is as guilty as the day is long and I would be willing to bet that Gottfried is too.

Remember, the Gottfried accusation was released in a disclosure from federal persecutors as Early was admitting his guilt. It was Early outing Gott after the feds had caught Early.

This isn't a bunch of hearsay.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
Early isn't denying that it happened anymore. Do keep up.

View attachment 26246
What happened? Envelopes that some dude thought contained cash?

Again, so far that's not evidence. People don't get convicted on hearsay or thinking something happened. So far, that hasn't happened.

I would also argue LSU suspending Wade was ludicrous. Last time I checked it's not against any NCAA rule to discuss paying a player.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
What happened? Envelopes that some dude thought contained cash?

Again, so far that's not evidence. People don't get convicted on hearsay or thinking something happened. So far, that hasn't happened.
You do realize that you're speaking contradictory to own belief, correct?

You're right. People aren't convicted on hearsay. They're convicted on evidence. Bank statements. Wiretaps. Sworn affidavits.

When the feds accused Adidas executives of funneling cash, they knew who did it, where to, how much and who's hands it crossed and it landed those representatives a prison term. When Orlando Early was caught by those same feds, he sang like a canary. Yet here you are trying to lead us to believe that all we're dealing with is hearsay and lies.

Nope, sorry.

Last edited:

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
You're not using logic period. LOL!

I'm laughing at you calling someone else naive yet believe there is no evidence against State. This thing has legs........... plenty of them. :)
Sure, just no evidence. Just a guy saying he did something.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Sure, just no evidence. Just a guy saying he did something.
Right because logic tells us that an innocent man who had no evidence against him, would admit his guilt and the guilt of his boss in a sworn affidavit to federal authorities.

Lol.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
It looks like that state is going to get dinged more that unc for their respective "scandals"
It'll give state supporters even more fuel for their "world is against us" thoughts.
Boo will turn the ship around. He has no intention of not winning championships in "ball" sports on a conference level.
Staus quo is done in Raleigh. programs better poop or get off the pot.