NCSU Scandal Thread

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I want to hear how state fans think State's punishment should be as they clearly broke NCAA rules. They should want Thor to hit em hard with that big ole Hammer. I say they get probation for a couple of year s and are disqualified from the NCAA tx for a couple of years. What I can see is the FBI has the goods on them.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
I want to hear how state fans think State's punishment should be as they clearly broke NCAA rules. They should want Thor to hit em hard with that big ole Hammer. I say they get probation for a couple of year s and are disqualified from the NCAA tx for a couple of years. What I can see is the FBI has the goods on them.
Lol.

Guilty until proven innocent? Unless its unc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
We know one coach was actually involved, Fire him. Wait, we already did that. Okay. There was 1 ineligible player. Vacate all games that player played in. Done.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
david glenn says this is big trouble for the pack. he's like the dan kane of radio.
it gets confusing but what he says is that since a ncsu coach is involved the ncaa will be more likely to sanction State.
good idea boondock. this is all forum members sem to want to discuss sports wise.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
David Glenn also said programs like unc and Duke don't need to pay players because of their "stature" in the college game.

That makes zero sense to me. Zero.

Like I said, Glenn is bumbling idiot.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
David Glenn also said programs like unc and Duke don't need to pay players because of their "stature" in the college game.

That makes zero sense to me. Zero.

Like I said, Glenn is bumbling idiot.
ignore him all you like. he's the only one besides alt that knew unc was skating and why.

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Thread starter #9
They’re all doing it, I don’t care what marketing symbol is on the side of your shoes or how successful of a program you have. They’re all cheating, they’re all getting paid, and none of them are under the impression they’re doing anything wrong because it’s the rules they’ve been allowed to play by.

Everyone was doing when it was UNC on the horns, and it’s everyone doing it now that NCSU is on the horns. The system is broken, not the individual schools within it. The only way to fix this problem is kick one and done and actually call a spade a spade in this whole deal. The precedence that athletes at schools aren’t students and they aren’t held to the same standards of acceptance or eligibility needs to be accepted. Give them a hand out program to pursue if they don’t deserve to be there. Focus on budgeting, public speaking, general math/science/language arts as an Associates degree that is transferable into any program within the school upon competition. Make it online and conducive to their schedules. If you accept a scholarship to play you’re committed to the two years it takes to complete that program. If they DO deserve to be there academically and they choose to pursue a real program within the school, it’s their choice and they will be held to the same standard as other students.

They’re all doing it, I don’t care what marketing symbol is on the side of your shoes or how successful of a program you have. They’re all cheating, they’re all getting paid, and none of them are under the impression they’re doing anything wrong because it’s the rules they’ve been allowed to play by.

Everyone was doing when it was UNC on the horns, and it’s everyone doing it now that NCSU is on the horns. The system is broken, not the individual schools within it. The only way to fix this problem is kick one and done and actually call a spade a spade in this whole deal. The precedence that athletes at schools aren’t students and they aren’t held to the same standards of acceptance or eligibility needs to be accepted. Give them a hand out program to pursue if they don’t deserve to be there. Focus on budgeting, public speaking, general math/science/language arts as an Associates degree that is transferable into any program within the school upon competition. Make it online and conducive to their schedules. If you accept a scholarship to play you’re committed to the two years it takes to complete that program. If they DO deserve to be there academically and they choose to pursue a real program within the school, it’s their choice and they will be held to the same standard as other students.
You get out of here with your common sense! Go on now, Git!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Thread starter #13
Nah. If Sean Miller skates, so will Self.

If Kansas is paying, so is everyone else.

Adidas wasn't bidding to get these players against themselves.

We made the same argument about UNC in offering cake classes to lure recruits, yet they hadn't had but one top 5 guy in Roy's entire career and were losing top recruits to Duke, Kentucky, Kansas like clock work........and yet you were saying they were the only game in town?

Who said Sean Miller skates?

If the money is coming from the shoe companies and not the schools then I think the FBI will go after the shoe companies instead of the schools and the ncaa will tip toe out of the picture hoping they won't have to get involved.

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Thread starter #15
If the money is coming from the shoe companies and not the schools then I think the FBI will go after the shoe companies instead of the schools and the ncaa will tip toe out of the picture hoping they won't have to get involved.
Not at all true if they have proof that coaches were aware and even were involved with the exchange. No way they can let that go.

I don't think the FBI wants to go after the coaches and schools too hard, I think they will go to the root of the problem which is the shoe companies.
There's a lot of money being thrown around and I think the FBI wants to put a stop to that , hit the shoe companies with some heavy fines and leave the schools out of it.

As a State alum, yes we should be punished. Representatives of our school broke the law so yes we should be punished. But so should the ones who actually committed the crimes (or offenses as breaking NCAA rules may not qualify as a crime). I have said for years it is not fair to JUST punish a school for actions of former players and coaches. The coach, shoe rep, and student athlete that took the money should be punished severely enough to discourage this. These coaches break rules and then run to some other school, usually smaller, wait a few years and then come back. Ban them for several years. Same with former players. If something is not done to punish all parties involved it will continue to happen. Not going to defend my school just because it is my school. Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong.............No excuses.

BoonDock

Twelve Pointer
Thread starter #21
As a State alum, yes we should be punished. Representatives of our school broke the law so yes we should be punished. But so should the ones who actually committed the crimes (or offenses as breaking NCAA rules may not qualify as a crime). I have said for years it is not fair to JUST punish a school for actions of former players and coaches. The coach, shoe rep, and student athlete that took the money should be punished severely enough to discourage this. These coaches break rules and then run to some other school, usually smaller, wait a few years and then come back. Ban them for several years. Same with former players. If something is not done to punish all parties involved it will continue to happen. Not going to defend my school just because it is my school. Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong.............No excuses.
Punishing the coach/school/player costs the entire system a lot of money and threatens the security of future money. It's never going to happen as long as money is greasing the wheel.

Not answering what I think will happen. I may have misread but I thought an earlier post ask what State fans thought should happen. I did not get into specific punishments because it is hard with no consistent pattern to look on from the past. NCAA is the most inconsistent organization in the history of humanity. No way of telling what they are going to do. My statement is simply we broke the rules we should be punished. But not just the university. They deserve some blame. But so do the ones who actually committed the actions. I am very quickly becoming anti-athletics when I look at what is going on in sports these days. Our entire society has lost control on sports from: parents fighting at 12u girls softball game, school boards saying everyone makes the team or no one, kneeling for the national anthem, schools not being punished for obvious rules violations, high school fan comes ON THE FIELD during a game making "gun gestures" on other team and "NO CHARGES FILED"...................................................................and the list just continues to grow.

shot gunner you are exactly right. every weekend the "highlights" involve team brawls. out of control past the point of return soon. someone will be killed before it comes close to getting reigned in.

it was so bad that I actually saw the armed guards of the public school cosches actually do something during a game.
in the Miami FSu game they kept players apart.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Not answering what I think will happen. I may have misread but I thought an earlier post ask what State fans thought should happen. I did not get into specific punishments because it is hard with no consistent pattern to look on from the past. NCAA is the most inconsistent organization in the history of humanity. No way of telling what they are going to do. My statement is simply we broke the rules we should be punished. But not just the university. They deserve some blame. But so do the ones who actually committed the actions. I am very quickly becoming anti-athletics when I look at what is going on in sports these days. Our entire society has lost control on sports from: parents fighting at 12u girls softball game, school boards saying everyone makes the team or no one, kneeling for the national anthem, schools not being punished for obvious rules violations, high school fan comes ON THE FIELD during a game making "gun gestures" on other team and "NO CHARGES FILED"...................................................................and the list just continues to grow.
It’s one thing for a school to knowingly cheat and even design a system to avoid NCAA scrutiny, and another to have an employee or two go rogue.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
"employee or 2 gone rogue" lol......more than 2. waaaay more than 2. UNC athletics was found to not have broken any rule. State ofn the other hand is guilty as they can be. let's keep this on topic about state. there is another thread about UNC athletics getting vindicated.

BigBuckDown

Old Mossy Horns
UNC athletics was found to not have broken any rule. .
Lol.

Unc fired all those employees just for the fun of it.

By the guilty verdicts today it appears the FBI is going after the shoe companies, not the schools. FBI saying the schools were defrauded.

2 more rounds of FBI subpoenas to go. Looking like Nike and UA schools are on notice.

Lol.

Unc fired all those employees just for the fun of it.

By the guilty verdicts today it appears the FBI is going after the shoe companies, not the schools. FBI saying the schools were defrauded.

2 more rounds of FBI subpoenas to go. Looking like Nike and UA schools are on notice.

Lol. Yep.

And many millions on that legal fee invoice.

It worked! It’s made UNC homers like above believe nothing happened.

a homer by definition would be able to get past the sins of their team.

see psu,osu,UA,USC,UNC, oh wait the list is endless isnt it? and now extends (again) to raleigh.

the irony is just pure gold.