NCH&F/DDC Meet,Greet and Eat March 2 7pm South Raleigh Golden Corral

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Awesome time (although not long after leaving my stomach began to hurt)! Thank you to all the first timers for coming and thank you to SnakeSkinner for setting it up once again. Thank you to Last Tombstone for the raffle gifts. Thank you to our waitresses. Thank you to those of you who drove a LONG or short ways to be there.

A few of you or yours', decided NOT to help me out when I could have used it. I will NOT forget that! #wardrobe malfunction

Last edited:

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
As a first time dinner attendee I must say it was a pleasure to associate some faces with screen names.

I hope y'all have recovered from my introduction :) I couldn't think of a more memorable thing to say.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
As a first time dinner attendee I must say it was a pleasure to associate some faces with screen names.

I hope y'all have recovered from my introduction :) I couldn't think of a more memorable thing to say.

Thank goodness my MRS sat me down as soon as I started to get up and throw blows lol.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Got stuck at work lookin for a cut fiber last night ....... missed it again....... maybe stars will align next year! Glad it was a success.

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I had a great time meeting people and putting some faces to some handles on here! Big thank you to lasttombstone, who gave me a box of turkey feathers to fletch arrows with, a bag of #8s so I can practice shooting until turkey season, and a turkey wingbone call that I won in his raffle! They were selling wingbone calls for between $40 and $90 at the DDC. Very glad I saved my money and spent it on a new membership in the North Carolina Fur Trappers' Association!

And a big thank you to QuietButDeadly, who very graciously answered all my newbie questions about fur trapping and the NC Fur Trappers' Association. I hope to be at the convention in September. :)

Thank you to everyone for making us feel welcome and like we are part of the group. It was great to put some faces with some names. I would like to apologize to everyone that you now have a face to go with my name, I blame my parents, lol. I look forward to more get togethers.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
glad you all let me attend,,,had a great time - nice meeting the new folks and seeing old / not so old friends

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I sure would have enjoyed being there last night, it sounded like a good time was had as usual with lots of new faces.
Our banquet went well but was poorly attended, stuff went cheap.
Next year It's on Feb 2nd so I hope to see y'all at the get together next time.

Hawkeye

Ten Pointer
Thanks to Kevin for taking care of the arrangements... great to see all the first timers and catching up with some old bubbies..
Hate we could not stay longer and visit..

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

GrizzlyBear

Old Mossy Horns
Awesome time (although not long after leaving my stomach began to hurt)! Thank you to all the first timers for coming and thank you to SnakeSkinner for setting it up once again. Thank you to Last Tombstone for the raffle gifts. Thank you to our waitresses. Thank you to those of you who drove a LONG or short ways to be there.

A few of you or yours', decided NOT to help me out when I could have used it. I will NOT forget that! #wardrobe malfunction

No comments on the pics I texted last night???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Even though my hope of certain members attending was dashed it was still an EPIC event. It was great to see all the new forum members and the first time attendees. As Snakeskinner said, with people attending from some distance away and having long drives to get back home late, especially on full stomachs, it is still hard to understand why, with as many members as we have in Wake and the surrounding counties, that there weren't many more there than it was. Honestly, I found no one offensive and believe everyone took a shower within at least the past 2 days. Thanks again to Snakeskinner for heading this up every year and to all the Admins, both present and absent, who make this whole thing possible. Hopefully, next year, Kevin will have to cancel the reservation at the Golden Corral due to the projected attendance and schedule a part of the Memorial Auditorium.

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Sorry to have missed it this year. I was getting over a bug and the boy was down with a 102 temp.

GrizzlyBear

Old Mossy Horns
e33586e6bb8f490ac57b80f9b433caf4.jpg

b334762e8574c5348ba921c2ee19e1dc.jpg

My first brisket and was shared (but not reciprocated) with Ncst8guy

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Dang Pickle. Where was that brisket? I don't remember seeing it anywhere. But it sure looks good.

that brisket was from Grizzlybear not pickle,,,,and ncsta8guy made bold claims he had one in the smoker and it would be done at midnight,,,but nary an invite,,,?