NCAA Baseball Postseason

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Sad day for the Carolina teams. I really thought Carolina had an outstanding chance after the clutch hit in the 9th. Oh well, have to wait another year for a college World Series championship. ECU is getting obliterated now. The rain delays have really messed with the pace.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Agreed. Waited all evening on that ECU game. It had been a very long day for me. I was a few minutes before restart time I believe when the recliner finally got me.

Both teams played well in the postseason, and both came up JUST short. I feel like Arkansas is really a good team, and is a better team than UNC. Stinks for Horvath to have to sit it out. No telling what an extra hit at the right time would have done.

I feel worse for ECU because it felt like they had the series under control and then let it slip away. Texas can hit some HR's for sure, but I don't think they are going to go far in the CWS. Great season for ECU, and such an accomplishment to get this far.

bte0816

Eight Pointer
ECU had their ticket punched Saturday and let it slip away, unfortunate. Once they lost the big lead Saturday they all had to sleep on the Omaha Curse that has plagued ECU.

I know Godwin has said he's not leaving until he takes ECU to Omaha but its starting to feel like ECU better open the checkbook with some of the offers he is sure to continue to get each off season.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Arkansas was way better than Carolina. I feel worse for ecu because they should’ve won the series. I knew on Saturday and when texas came back that it would be a difficult task yesterday. They do have the Omaha plague. But the program is good and they’ll get there one of these days.

Ceehawk37

Ten Pointer
Auburn made it to Omaha! Great year for a team that was basically written off before the season started. Should be a great CWS. Hard for me to pick a favorite (though I’m an Auburn fan and want them to win it all) to win it as I think everyone left has a legit shot to make it to the finals.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
With the Carolina teams gone, I don't have a favorite, or even a reason to pull for any of them. Glad to see TN knocked out. The only ACC team to make it, with as many regional bids as they got, is ND. The most non-ACC team in the conference. ND has no connection to their community - they don't even have a starter from their home state. It's all boys from CA, NJ, FL, etc.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
With the Carolina teams gone, I don't have a favorite, or even a reason to pull for any of them. Glad to see TN knocked out. The only ACC team to make it, with as many regional bids as they got, is ND. The most non-ACC team in the conference. ND has no connection to their community - they don't even have a starter from their home state. It's all boys from CA, NJ, FL, etc.

also glad to see UT get knocked out. Nobody likes those asshats.

is ND an official ACC member now or are they still a member where it benefits ND?

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
also glad to see UT get knocked out. Nobody likes those asshats.

is ND an official ACC member now or are they still a member where it benefits ND?
Everything but Football (and hockey?) still. They joined the ACC for football for the 2020 Covid season but went back independent last season. Notre Dame thinks they're special. If you want to join a conference and enjoy the benefits of that conference, fine. If you want to go it alone, that's your choice. Get off the fence.

I'd be fine if the ACC kicked them to the curb, but they're too busy kissing their butt instead. I'd rather see ECU in there.

Last edited:

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
Everything but Football (and hockey?) still. They joined the ACC for football for the 2020 Covid season but went back independent last season. Notre Dame thinks they're special. If you want to join a conference and enjoy the benefits of that conference, fine. If you want to go it alone, that's your choice. Get off the fence.

I'd be fine if the ACC kicked them to the curb, but they're too busy kissing their butt instead. I'd rather see ECU in there.
Yeah, I don't get it. What's in it for the ACC? It's like a guy that's smitten for a girl that has a boyfriend, and is too dumb to realize that he's being used when she wants him to help her move.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Arkansas vs. Ole Miss tonight @ 7. I think the winner of this game has a very good chance of winning the title.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
War Eagle! Auburn survives another day.

They've beaten the 2 & 3 seeds, the top 3 PAC12 teams, and Oregon State in a super regional in Corvallis. OSU had never lost a regional or super regional there until now. All without their best pitcher.

...and they still got pantsed by Ole Miss.

hoyt85

Six Pointer
Can I just say. I can't stand listening to Eduardo Perez....I mean if it's in the name of diversity can we get Harold Reynolds back??

I wish they'd let Ben McDonald have the night games instead of ole Eduardo. Carry on.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Rebs' pitcher complete game shutout, 4 hits, 0 walks, 17 strikeouts. Threw around 115 pitches I think. Impressive dominance.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
oklahoma should be in the driver's seat with MS having to throw their best for 9 yesterday.
Would be great for the state of MS to go back to back in the CWS.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
For MS Togo from one of the last teams in to winning the whole deal is amazing.
No doubt the SEC dominates baseball.

At least this year.

This was a fun year for postseason.

I’m surprised (and glad) both UTs got the boot. Tickles me that UTx got the boot by aTm.

AU had a pretty good run considering they were picked to finish last in the SEC West. Beating Oregon State out there was huge.

That Ole Miss won is really cool, because lots of folks were calling for Bianco’s head midseason. Ole Miss finished the season 14-16 in the SEC, LOL

All signs point to State, UNC, & ECU continuing to play good ball.