NCAA Baseball Postseason

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
ECU wins!! Holding UVA at bay in the 9th with bases loaded. Must've been some fired up fans. It's been awhile since I've seen that many TV cutaways to the fans.

UNC not playing their best... Coach Forbes ejected in the third.
Loud and proud scallywags.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Two different guys.....including ECU's Bryson Worrell hit two homeruns in the same inning....batting on both sides of the plate....the fact two of them did it the same day is just...need head exploding emoji....

Cole Foster ended up with 3 that night.

Also, AU got around FSU, who normally takes them out in the regionals. I think the final was 21-7

AU scored 40 runs in two games. I hope the football team can do that this fall! LOL

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
ECU wins!! Holding UVA at bay in the 9th with bases loaded. Must've been some fired up fans. It's been awhile since I've seen that many TV cutaways to the fans.

UNC not playing their best... Coach Forbes ejected in the third.
He's also gone for the next two games.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
He's also gone for the next two games.
My opinion is the first call, interference, was correct, but the second one should have been ruled an infield fly. You shouldn’t be able to drop the ball and then double up the baserunners. That’s the purpose of the rule.

It was only 3 steps behind the pitcher. It was the second baseman’s choice to come running in and slide. The ball was catchable.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
My opinion is the first call, interference, was correct, but the second one should have been ruled an infield fly. You shouldn’t be able to drop the ball and then double up the baserunners. That’s the purpose of the rule.

It was only 3 steps behind the pitcher. It was the second baseman’s choice to come running in and slide. The ball was catchable.

It was a ridiculous call. I would’ve gotten suspended for the rest of the season if I had been coaching. The coaching across college athletics is abominable at best. Carolina is alive and well today though. They’re pouring it on.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
It was a ridiculous call. I would’ve gotten suspended for the rest of the season if I had been coaching. The coaching across college athletics is abominable at best. Carolina is alive and well today though. They’re pouring it on.
Is that a Freudian slip there?

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think he meant this ^ ...

ECU must've came out flat yesterday against Coastal. Didn't have access to see it. Meanwhile, UNC came out swinging.

Both teams playing to keep their season alive today. ECU @ 1pm, UNC @6pm.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns

ECU must've came out flat yesterday against Coastal. Didn't have access to see it. Meanwhile, UNC came out swinging.

Kuchmaner started. He's pitched 1 inning since returning after an injury. He didn't have his stuff.....not even close. Coastal hit 2 bombs in 1st inning to go up 3. Coastal's pitcher was dealing.....8 inning shut out, 10 K's, only a few hits, not many walks. Hearing CC is going w/ their ace today.....he threw 85 pitches on Friday. Not sure who gets the start for Pirates yet. Headed out there shortly. Hopefully our bats come out hot and we can piece together a pitching performance.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer

Flat is putting it mildly.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Kuchmaner started. He's pitched 1 inning since returning after an injury. He didn't have his stuff.....not even close. Coastal hit 2 bombs in 1st inning to go up 3. Coastal's pitcher was dealing.....8 inning shut out, 10 K's, only a few hits, not many walks. Hearing CC is going w/ their ace today.....he threw 85 pitches on Friday. Not sure who gets the start for Pirates yet. Headed out there shortly. Hopefully our bats come out hot and we can piece together a pitching performance.
Kuch was up in the zone and with his low velocity it turns into BP. I heard Spivey was starting. Probably have Hunter ready to go as well.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Two identical diving catches by Worrell in center had ECU protecting their early lead then they just gave up a 2-run homer to Lucky. Again.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Not hardly…..it was a very simple infield fly rule
call that should not have been missed. Kudos to the defensive player though…..he let it drop and then got the double play and took advantage of the umpires stupidity.
I was referring to your statement that the Coaching was abdominal- I believe you meant that the officiating was poor? Or maybe you let that slip out? LOL.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I was referring to your statement that the Coaching was abdominal- I believe you meant that the officiating was poor? Or maybe you let that slip out? LOL.

Oh I’m so dumb lol. I meant officiating. I’m not sure why I put coaching there. I should’ve proof read before I hit the reply button.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yeah, it was really gut-wrenching...;)

Congrats to ECU for securing the win and moving on. That was a big 7th inning! Finally got the bats rolling.

Last edited:

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I haven't looked, but did the boy from CCC get a hit after that home run? I saw the replay and told my coworker if he got a swing at another pitch, I would have been surprised.

Ceehawk37

Ten Pointer
Cole Foster ended up with 3 that night.

Also, AU got around FSU, who normally takes them out in the regionals. I think the final was 21-7

AU scored 40 runs in two games. I hope the football team can do that this fall! LOL

When I saw that FSU was in Auburn’s regional I thought the same thing. Hope to see a good showing in the super against Oregon State. They’ve got one pitcher that is absolutely nasty, but if he has a mediocre night I think AU can advance. Should be fun to watch.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
When I saw that FSU was in Auburn’s regional I thought the same thing. Hope to see a good showing in the super against Oregon State. They’ve got one pitcher that is absolutely nasty, but if he has a mediocre night I think AU can advance. Should be fun to watch.

first time in 23 years AU has won their regional.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Pirates/Longhorns pitching and defense are tit for tat. Going to need 2-3 (or 6) of our pitchers to throw their best games, and theirs to have off days this weekend. Pumped to have one of college baseball's all time great programs coming to Greenville.