NC WRC Bowhunter Class (Today's Bowhunter)

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Has anybody ever taken the bowhunter class (Today's Bowhunter) that the NC WRC has as one of the advanced hunter education courses? I will be taking it this Saturday, April 6. Just curious how it was if you took it.

Last edited:

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I took that course a few years back. I have bow hunted since about 1971 and I think there was nothing in the course that I did not know, BUT, I think it was done pretty well. I hope you enjoyed it and had a good time.

hayco10

Eight Pointer
I took it a long time ago. It was a requirement to bow hunt in Colorado. As I recall, it covered everything the hunter safety coarse did, with emphasis on bow hunting. This was before crossbows were made legal for anyone.

KrisB

Ten Pointer
How did it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed because I already knew 90% of the material they covered. But I did learn a few new things that I didn't know and got to practice with my bow afterward and get some good form tips from one of the volunteers. And I learned that some states require an IBEP course for you to bowhunt in them, so now I am covered if I ever go out of state to bowhunt in those particular states. :D

MyHrly

Six Pointer
Took the Course with my uncle in Guilford County, at the time I was a "Rookie BowHunter" and enjoyed the Class. Safety Issues were covered as well as Tree Stand Hunting, Arrow Placement, Deer Anatomy, Draw Weight vs Arrow Spine. I believe its a Good Idea for New Hunters. I still reference the Handbook occasionally.